Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

$75 Toe Hook...Looks Good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah this weather is tough on cars doing dyno. Tom's did 858 HP yesterday in the heat (left boost maxing at 1.2 bar). Darn weather. Wanted 900.... So Andrew, you are hitting the limit of adhesion as you surpass you driving ability limit. Your tires are good for about 8 more seconds a lap easy... And stop picking on Mike. He is going to kick your butt in a couple weeks. I'll be in Tom's car so I will leave it in second gear and come out behind you so I can video on the Smartycam as he pulls away in the distance
Old 08-30-2011, 07:18 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I suggest u get a cheapo tow hook for trackdays and another nice one for street. If it ever gets towed it'll be all gouched up. Mike
Old 08-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I suggest u get a cheapo tow hook for trackdays and another nice one for street. If it ever gets towed it'll be all gouched up. Mike
Silly wabbit... Get axle strap that fits through the tow hook. MUCH better. I carry these in the race cars as the sprung Motorsports hooks will spring the tow hook from the truck straight into the bumper. With an axle strap, no harm no foul....
Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Bob, you're putting the pressure on me there....new car, on brand new squirmy tires...not so sure I'm going to be setting personal best times. I'm going to have fun and enjoy my new beautiful much cherrish car. This is the most expensive car I've ever owned...I'm a little nervous ya know!

I've also been on a little diet....lost 7lbs....so that's worth something...if not the leg comes off and that's 13lbs w/ the shoe for a total in car loss of 20bls...what do ya think that will net me per lap? LOL

Tom's car with 858hp and all the trick suspension parts, cool aero parts and ultra light weight should be doing 2:05's at Sebring. My gloves are red, for a purpose...perfect for point by's...or with 858hp I probably won't see you coming at the speed of light so just go ahead and take the pass, I might never know what whoshed by me.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Come on Mike, dont leave me hanging here. Remember the drive it like you stole it thing. Driving to new personal best is piece of cake.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:29 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
Yeah this weather is tough on cars doing dyno. Tom's did 858 HP yesterday in the heat (left boost maxing at 1.2 bar). Darn weather. Wanted 900.... So Andrew, you are hitting the limit of adhesion as you surpass you driving ability limit. Your tires are good for about 8 more seconds a lap easy... And stop picking on Mike. He is going to kick your butt in a couple weeks. I'll be in Tom's car so I will leave it in second gear and come out behind you so I can video on the Smartycam as he pulls away in the distance
Now the question is, will Tom's car stay running long enough to make it all the way around the track?

Thank you for the offer on the video. That would be great. I rarely get to see my car on video. 8 seconds a lap would put me at consistent 2:22's. I don't have the ability or the ***** to run at those speeds I will consider myself fortunate if I break 2:27 once this year. I think my best right now is a 2:28. And I only did that one time. Lots of 2:29's. Can't seem to break that barrier.

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
Come on Mike, dont leave me hanging here. Remember the drive it like you stole it thing. Driving to new personal best is piece of cake.
Why is it okay to pick on me but not Mike? Since he got a brand new car we ought to at least be able to give him a little **** for a while. It's only fair
Old 08-31-2011, 09:33 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Bob, you're putting the pressure on me there....new car, on brand new squirmy tires...not so sure I'm going to be setting personal best times. I'm going to have fun and enjoy my new beautiful much cherrish car. This is the most expensive car I've ever owned...I'm a little nervous ya know!
Oh boy... We're already building in the out You've got cheater PSM. No worries if it gets a little squirelly!

What did you do about your roll bar? You're running harnesses now right? I so miss that from my last car. Felt like I couldn't stay in my seat at RR. Constantly having to reposition myself. My left leg and arm were literally sore from bracing myself all day. 3pts suck on the track.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Yes will Tom's car stay running long enough is the trick.....his car is cool as heck and potentially very fast but I don't think I would go the route he took...I'm more of a reliability type of guy.

Dog, go get a cheater coach....I recomend Chris Hall or Seth Thomas. You easily break 2:27 after a day with them. If you are being Burkowitz then I'll split the day with you..LOL

I simply added back the fuzzy part of velcro to the top of the bar in the corner were it is touching...no more squeaks. RSS claims they have installed countless no sunroof competition bars in sun roof 997 cars and this is all that needs to be done. Yes I am using 6pt Schroth harness and Safety Solutions R3 Hans like device.

I still need to get my seat lowered. My knees are sort of in the way of the steering wheel. We ran out of time at Auto Quest to look into this so I will have to go over to C2 in Tampa and see what something like this costs.