Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OT:CJ Ichiban Pitches in Anaheim WE ARE THERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:57 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts
Default OT:CJ Ichiban Pitches in Anaheim WE ARE THERE!!

My son has recovered enough now to go to school on Monday, and we took him to see CJ pitch for the Rangers Thursday nite.

First of all I have seen more Angel games in Anaheim than any other team besides Texas. I want to say that I feel VERY comfortable watching games in Anaheim. They owner and the team make it VERY nice for a man to watch a game there with his family. It feels like my home stadium. The Fans are nice, the ushers are nice even security was nice who frisked me down before I got to say hello to CJ. MY son got to meet CJ and my wife who has met him before met him again. The Fans welcome you there even though I had a CJ Wilson Jersey on!!!

CJ came out with a big smile and to about 30 of his closest friends. It was going to be a party that nite!! Alas I had a 3 hour drive home so we barely got to say hi and bye.

The game was like a playoff game. I have to say its the first game I have ever been to in 37 years of going to games where Texas was in FIRST place. IT was also the first game I have ever been to that was IMPORTANT FOR TEXAS!!!

Anyway CJ pitched well in the first inning but a couple bobbles in the first cost the Rangers and CJ 2 runs. I got a tad bit worried. CJ was pitching agains the Angels Santana and he had been the BEST in the American league since MAY!! 1.3 ERA in July and Aug. Some silly number like that.

The Rangers threatened in EVERY inning and couldnt cash in. Finally with the score tied 2-2 the Rangers got the bases loaded in the eighth with nobody out and the weakest 2 batters coming up. I was hoping for a squeeze or SOMETHING, but Santana just OVER POWERED the 8th and 9th batters and now its TWO outs bases loaded with Kinsler up, the lead off. The WHOLE stadium was standing up and cheering. I couldnit watch and Ian hits a soft liner over the third basemans head and all the stadium sits down but ALL the RANGER FANS JUMPED up and cheered. All 20 of us!!!! Now its 4-2 CJ is in line for the win and all is well. The Angels got another run on a single run homer but that was it and CJ gets his 12th win of the season!! The Angel fans started leaving in the 8th and we were singing nah nah nah nah,nah nah nah nah HEY HEY GOOD BYE!!!!! ( very quietly) but we got to see CJ after the game and his smile was a mile wide and then we drove home.
My 16 YO son said that was the coolest thing ever. I didnt tell him you almost
never got to see that. I had a BMW 335i for the ride home but I could have used a Panamera S.

Good thing we didnt go on Thurs, the Rangers lost on a 2 run homer in the bottom of the ninth.

You know life looks a little brighter when you can experience something like that with your family and especially loved ones who just a month ago almost werent here to enjoy it.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow - that's awesome. I wondered where he got the money for all those cool cars!! He's having a great season, too.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:25 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paul, i wish we played in cali this year so you can make it to a game... oh wait, we play at san diego 1st game of the season. bring the fam!!

Quick Reply: OT:CJ Ichiban Pitches in Anaheim WE ARE THERE!!