Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

aftermarket warranty - anybody have one? >>

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 AM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I could get this from my credit union for a 996 GT3.
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with any Mechanical breakdown protection Ins.

The "standard" coverage covers Engine,Transmission,transfer case, and Drive axles.

Car must be less than 10 years old.
Car must have less than 90k miles on it.

Coverage for next 4 years with 40k mile allowed and the highest deductible offered of $200 per for a total of $5,000.

General Fidelity Ins. Co.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:07 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mobonic
I just tried to get a fidelity warranty through my dealer for my RS and they said that fidelity does not cover Gt3's and RS's....and they could not get me a warranty.

WTF?
Dude, Fidelity only covers Boxster/Cayenne/Cayman/Carrera/Panamera. I just spoke to them last week, because my CTT is about to leave factory warranty.

GT3 and GT3 RS are sooooo unreliable, leaking seals, broken clutches, leaking coolant, crankcases with porosity, differentials, etc. The first repair bill for a $3000 extended warranty policy will make them lose money.

Heck, what do I know? the GT3 is the most reliable car ever made, and Fidelity is full of **** for not giving you an extended warranty for your RS.

By the way, they do cover my unreliable Fiat for extended warranty, working on sealing the deal quite soon.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 AM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I got EasyCare for my previous car (M6), worked very well (2.4 k on claims, no worries) as they have some sort of agreement with my BMW/Audi/Porsche dealer (Sonic).
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 AM
Aerokitted
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Call Megan Kilcup at barrier Porsche in Bellevue, WA

I bought mine from her

Unless they stopped covering them after I bought mine
At ease, NJ, you are one fiery dude just like the color of your Scud!

I feel I owe you guys an update here since I missed reporting back to this thread as my little contribution to the community. Fidelity stopped covering GT3s as far back as when I last posted in late December 2011. My p-car dealership (Barrier above) discovered this when they attempted to put in my order actually. Another warranty firm they recommended is National Warranty or http://www.nwc.biz/defaultnew.aspx (they only contract with two total). I've used Fidelity before (worked well) and they said this company offers the same level of service/quality from their experience. It costs a little more than Fidelity and I did get a $0 deductible coverage that runs 6 yrs, 100K miles (all-inclusive). Fidelity's original plan for me was same yrs, 75K miles with a $100 deduct.

Barrier did a great job of making the experience a positive one by rectifying the situation. If a warranty gives you peace of mind, I wholeheartedly recommend picking one up from a reputable Porsche dealer near you. I racked up a little more in repair bills than the purchase price of my aftermarket warranty in the past so it ended up being worthwhile for me.

You can always "sell" back the remainder if you ever part with the car under coverage.

The value prop drops quickly the older your car gets since they start jacking up the prices markedly. I only did it since my GT3 is still under 10K and less than 4 years old. Based on my negotiation terms, it went up by quite a bit over 10K miles. I have no idea if this is applied systemically or if it's that typical car dealership black backroom magic. ymmv
Old 11-25-2018, 11:30 PM
Rmag911
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Anyone know if these plans are voided if the car is taken on a track?

Quick Reply: aftermarket warranty - anybody have one? >>