Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Full leather radio delete...nice

your have the best looking RS, hands down
Old 05-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by daedton
Hey all. Wanted to show you my 11 RS in Mexico. Took a long time to get but very worth the wait! A big thank you to Gavin Riches at Autoquest in Fort Myers for doing the track alignment and sweet sequential. He was more than accommodating for the customizations I was looking for and highly recommend his shop for all the GT3. This sequential ups the ante on the fun factor. I love how mechanical it feels. I'll be taking Mexico out to the first track event in June and will report on how the sequential performs on the track.

11 RS
07 RS
98 C2S
97 C4S
77 911S
Are you doing the Chin Sebring event?

I'll be there
Old 05-28-2011, 11:11 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

drove a sequential once, obv was an adapted 6speed vehicle where you had to use clutch still.. just seemed wrong to me.. besides mis shifts and a little time savings, what are the upsides?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:20 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
drove a sequential once, obv was an adapted 6speed vehicle where you had to use clutch still.. just seemed wrong to me.. besides mis shifts and a little time savings, what are the upsides?
You get to pretend you drive a race car
Old 05-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

I just jizzed my pants!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:50 PM
daedton
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks all! The sequential has lots of benefits not to mention huge fun factor. No $ shifts. Much faster shifting and I think with the 3.8 rs and shorter gear ratios it will get lots of use. It's certainly one of the many mods we all make that's not a have to have, but I'll put money down (guess I already did) that after one track session with it you'd never go back. After driving with it for just a few weeks it feels like what should be in the car (and almost was) from the factory.

Not many realize that Porsche developed this in conjunction with Cartronic of Germany originally intended to be an option on our GT cars!

I won't be at the Sebring event. I'm in Colorado. Will be at the next PCA DE event in June. As soon as I get the trailer I'll make a journey down to Sebring for sure though. Have to drive that!

11 RS
07 RS
98 C2S
97 C4S
77 911S
Old 05-28-2011, 11:56 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks all! The sequential has lots of benefits not to mention huge fun factor. No $ shifts. Much faster shifting and I think with the 3.8 rs and shorter gear ratios it will get lots of use. It's certainly one of the many mods we all make that's not a have to have, but I'll put money down (guess I already did) that after one track session with it you'd never go back. After driving with it for just a few weeks it feels like what should be in the car (and almost was) from the factory.

Not many realize that Porsche developed this in conjunction with Cartronic of Germany originally intended to be an option on our GT cars!

I won't be at the Sebring event. I'm in Colorado. Will be at the next PCA DE event in June. As soon as I get the trailer I'll make a journey down to Sebring for sure though. Have to drive that!

11 RS
07 RS
98 C2S
97 C4S
77 911S
i guess makes some sense, when i drove the sequential i was lost for 5 mins and even after getting the hang of it the shifts just felt odd still. did the install with the owner of the car... that was NOT fun at all. worked perfectly, just seemed like a shifter was easier
Old 05-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

11 RS
07 RS
98 C2S
97 C4S
77 911S
Its on my mod list......just not in the budget
Old 05-29-2011, 01:12 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stereo delete ftw

Very nice line up
Old 05-29-2011, 01:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i used to be a stick shift guy. but now i wnat sequential, preferable no clutch. and what i really want is a very fast automatic. i just want to turn the str wheel, and throttle. preferably auto braking as well. rowing the stick now feels boring. i just want to go fast ;-)

btw, that's one sick car! CONGRATS.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:34 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i used to be a stick shift guy. but now i wnat sequential, preferable no clutch. and what i really want is a very fast automatic. i just want to turn the str wheel, and throttle. preferably auto braking as well. rowing the stick now feels boring. i just want to go fast ;-)

btw, that's one sick car! CONGRATS.
Have you seen the green 997 that Speed Merchants race? It's a PDK car! It looks like a Cup car with the mods though. At the 48hrs Sebring race I spoke with them...car has 10k DE and race miles on it. They dropped the PDK out of it to replace the clutch packs....took a look and everything looked new so they just changed the fluid. PDK shifts so perfectly that there is not much if any wear to the clutch discs. Interesting huh?
Old 05-29-2011, 01:34 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

Pray tell, details on this sequential kit??

Lovely color. The blue and black works so much better than the superman outfit in the other thread. Congrats!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:37 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Have you seen the green 997 that Speed Merchants race? It's a PDK car! It looks like a Cup car with the mods though. At the 48hrs Sebring race I spoke with them...car has 10k DE and race miles on it. They dropped the PDK out of it to replace the clutch packs....took a look and everything looked new so they just changed the fluid. PDK shifts so perfectly that there is not much if any wear to the clutch discs. Interesting huh?
i read on excellence.
great car
i have lots of respect for the new motor and that pdk thing is gnarly matching rev's.

too many toys...
i am on track right now.
i sold my 20' 24' trailer
really want a 44' now and a big dually, why? i have no fk'g idea. but having two race car on trk just seems so right....
Old 05-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Darkstar1
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 135 Posts

Everything about this car is right! Very nice.

Quick Reply: Mexico 11 RS