Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

"Signal" green vs. "RS" green - what is the difference? UPDATE: HERE'S MY NEW CAR....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 07:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

I did not get them yet, but they are just the OEM ones from the rear, just stick them the same place they put the GT2RS stickers
Old 05-29-2011, 08:22 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Please leave it all green = perfection!!
step by step this is happening. initially it was going to be all black contrast. then i dropped mouth (leave green). just texted dealer and said leave side wings green. now i'm thinking mirrors too.

the decals i'm least excited about, but they've agreed to do it and this gives me the opportunity to see and then remove as needed. but maybe its going to stay as is.

decisions decisions decisions....
Old 05-29-2011, 08:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

decisions decisions decisions....

It's easy, really.......;-)
Old 05-29-2011, 11:50 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Still trying to decide on the mirrors. I think I'm probably going to leave the whole thing green. Dealer will paint it on their bill, but I think I want to see this thing as is. I can always do it later.

1198r - hope you don't mind me posting up pics of your car for comparison.
Attached Images   
Old 05-30-2011, 12:50 AM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote is for black mirrors and lips, but you can't really go wrong either way!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:25 AM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats on buying the car!

I poped into Strongs for a moment on Saturday looking for my brother and saw the car on the showroom floor. I spent 10 months looking for a Turbo before I bought mine recently. Even fantasized about finding a "paint to sample" green one like this: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...the-color.html

I think the green looks terrific as is with the black wheels and a bit of an accent with the yellow PCCB calipers. The rare green, in and of itself makes a pretty strong statement. The black wheels give the car an all business look, like it's ready for track duty. While the mouth and mirror trim and checkerboard side accents are nice on certain cars, like white, black and silver, I think it's un-necessary on this car.

I'd wait it out and add later if you want it. As soon as you drive the car and experience the performance level of it, you may find the "hey, look at me" graphics to be a bit over the top. On the other hand you may want them more.

What ever you decide, I wish you the best experience ever.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:47 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nick49
Congrats on buying the car!

I poped into Strongs for a moment on Saturday looking for my brother and saw the car on the showroom floor.
Hey! I meant to thank you for the initial tip! Every one at Strong's has been great to deal with, and I got the car I really wanted. I never would have known it was there....

I agree with your thoughts on the green. Initially I was so used to seeing RS with all the contrast and decals that this one looked off. But after staring at these pics nonstop since Friday the full green looks perfect. I am pretty sure I'm going to leave it alone.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Less is more, even more so if the car was originally build like this from the factory.
If the car originally came with black accents it might make it more original, but if not keep it the same.

I want to leave mine original, so I Vinyl over the red lips instead of painting it.

It does need a green CS roll bar with black seat belts and replace red OEM seat belts and pull straps with black (Do they exist? I need some.) as well.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:50 PM
1198r
Pro

Originally Posted by drl
Still trying to decide on the mirrors. I think I'm probably going to leave the whole thing green. Dealer will paint it on their bill, but I think I want to see this thing as is. I can always do it later.

1198r - hope you don't mind me posting up pics of your car for comparison.
Of course not!

What about this for an idea - paint the top part of the mirrors black and keep the bottom arm green

I think the wheel cap is GT3 in gold?? If so, paint the GT3 yellow to match the calipers....

That will be one individual car for sure!

Many congrats and enjoy watching everyones reaction to it and if they don't smile - they need to!!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:23 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BIG SURPRISE
Florida car was in the showroom at Suncoast a few weeks ago.
I thought that had sold, but it does appear to still be there.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:19 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG SURPRISE
Florida car was in the showroom at Suncoast a few weeks ago.

Yep. That's definitely Suncoast Porsche. I've spent more time than I care to admit over at that place

Congrats on the new car. Love the green! I'm a fan of all loud colors when it comes to sports car. As far as I'm concerned, proper paint on a 911 should be red, yellow, orange, or green. Basically if you can find it in a skittles bag, then it's a good color for these cars
Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 AM
Ferdie
Advanced

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Less is more, even more so if the car was originally build like this from the factory.
If the car originally came with black accents it might make it more original, but if not keep it the same.
I agree on that. Leave it as it is and negotiate an additional set of tires or accessoires if they are not willing to reduce the price itself. Whichever way you decide, congratulations on the car!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Soooo nice!

Quick Reply: "Signal" green vs. "RS" green - what is the difference? UPDATE: HERE'S MY NEW CAR....