Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 09:16 PM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Real world experience with heat cycling Hoosier R6

Ok,

In the real world

1) Does properly heat cycling per Hoosier's instructions (10-15 minutes on track, gradually increasing heat to max, then storing for 1 week) truly increase the longevity of the tire?

2) Does heat cycling by the tire rack completely replace this or are people ordering them heat cycled and going through the process again?

3) Which technique is more effective for increasing their useful grip and life, proper on track heat cycling, tire rack heat cycling, or both?

Always seems to be a controversial topic.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by johnr265
Ok,

In the real world

1) Does properly heat cycling per Hoosier's instructions (10-15 minutes on track, gradually increasing heat to max, then storing for 1 week) truly increase the longevity of the tire?

2) Does heat cycling by the tire rack completely replace this or are people ordering them heat cycled and going through the process again?

3) Which technique is more effective for increasing their useful grip and life, proper on track heat cycling, tire rack heat cycling, or both?

Always seems to be a controversial topic.
The heat cycling and seasoning works for me, but it's a logistical nightmare and an expensive operation -- spare wheel sets, wasted track time. All part of the deal.

It's well worth searching this forum site (especially the other forum pages for racing and cups) -- it's a well worn topic and nothing new to raise here.

Hoosier says the tire rack heat cycling is not the real deal -- my two cents' is to buy from a Hoosier reseller that supports the local racers in your area and take their advice on how to use their product. I use tirerack for street tires and the other cars -- great price and service.

I doubt anyone on the forums is going to share their secret sauce for getting the very most of out competition tires. Unless you go to in-car air jacks and tire warmers, your options are limited.

Quick Reply: Real world experience with heat cycling Hoosier R6