Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Hans and GT2 seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 11:49 PM
mojom3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Hans and GT2 seats

Anyone else having problems with using a HANS with the GT2 seats? My 2007 GT3 which now has the GT2 cloth seats and Safety Devices rollbar is very uncomfortable when I use my HANS device. It pushes my head too far forward and I have to look out of the top of my glasses and helmet eyeport. Are there any shims that can be used to lay the seat back slightly to compensate for this? Or do I have the wrong HANS?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:56 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mojom3
Anyone else having problems with using a HANS with the GT2 seats? My 2007 GT3 which now has the GT2 cloth seats and Safety Devices rollbar is very uncomfortable when I use my HANS device. It pushes my head too far forward and I have to look out of the top of my glasses and helmet eyeport. Are there any shims that can be used to lay the seat back slightly to compensate for this? Or do I have the wrong HANS?
Common issue, very upright position with these seats. HANS shoves head forward even more

I have been trying the ISSAC Device now over five track days and I like it. Added plus-I now have lateral impact head/neck support without a halo seat. HANS only good for straight-on impacts.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 AM
mojom3
Rennlist Member

Default Thankss

If I can't rock thwe seat back I guess I will try the ISAAC> Will it work with the Hans anchors? Sure hope so. I will do some research online before pulling the trigger.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:08 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I can't rock thwe seat back I guess I will try the ISAAC> Will it work with the Hans anchors? Sure hope so. I will do some research online before pulling the trigger.
No. Totally different attachment. Both attachments fit on my helmet so I could swap devices if I wanted to.

http://www.isaacdirect.com/
Old 05-03-2011, 12:20 AM
mojom3
Rennlist Member

Default isaac

Thanks, went to their site and did the research. I may add the Isaac to the gear, although I do prefer the HANS, having actually tested it in my 944 race car, not by choice!
Thanks again.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:20 AM
bperry
Instructor

Posted a similar thread in the racers forum recently. I have a 20 degree Hans and was wondering if a 10 degree would fix the problem. I need to call Hans to find out.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:05 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by bperry
Posted a similar thread in the racers forum recently. I have a 20 degree Hans and was wondering if a 10 degree would fix the problem. I need to call Hans to find out.
Subscribed. The HANS is definitely on my near-term purchase list and would like to know if I should be getting the 10-degree version instead...
Old 05-03-2011, 08:56 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

i didn't have any issues with hans 20 pro in the gt2 buckets. i also took the foam pad out of the base of the seat. used some pillow stuffing to give the front portion a little support. now i sit 2 inches lower and have great feedback from the car.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

This is why I sold mine. If you can't handle your head being pushed forward this seat will not work with a helmet and is simply unbearable for me with a HANS and helmet.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:40 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got the same set-up and the same problem. I'd be curious to know if the 10° HANS makes a difference. I've spoken to a few owners who simply shimmed the front mounting under the seat rails in order to tip the seat back a bit more. That's cheap and easy, so I may try that first!

Quick Reply: Hans and GT2 seats