Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Powercoat silver wheels black?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

back when i was asking around whether to wet paint or powdercoat, you heard both sides of the argument as yousee here.

while i appreciated all the responses, no one knew for sure whether it was better to wet paint or powdercoat. those who said it's not good to powdercoat due to temps, they had no experience or hard data to support this notion. for those who stated it's totally fine to powdercoat, same thing. no real $s on the line to back up the claims. i appreciated all the responses, regardless.

in my case, i decided to wet paint them as i didn't feel totally at peace with heating up my new champion RG5s. i also wanted a very wet gloss black to match the factory finish which only wet paint can truly deliver so i ended up taking them to a respected body shop for the work as i trusted them to put in the time to do the job right.

after about 5 months driving on them, they still look as new. bottom-line, you can go either way... it just depends on what results you want and how comfortable you are with with vendor actually doing the work.

Quick Reply: Powercoat silver wheels black?