Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Most popular 997.2 GT3 mods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 02:37 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Bford100
As a no cost mod......how come more people don't unplug the exhaust valves (permanetly open)? Couple this with a center muffler delete (mine is GMC) and the sound is the best I have had from any of the cars I have owned in the past.

I became very frustrated with the programmed opening and closing of the exhaust valves at different RPM's, along with sometimes only one opening and the other closed.

Other that a louder sound, what are some of the reasons why more people don't do it?
track day sound restrictions...
Old 03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,504 Likes on 2,278 Posts

Originally Posted by Polarporsche
I did have some issues with leaks on the first set of wheels that I purchased, the barrels had holes with a bolted plug in them for a TMPS device. I contacted the shop that sold me the wheels and they arranged to have Forgeline replaced the barrels for ones without the TPMS holes. I have had no issues since the new barrels were installed and none with the second set.

I was extremely pleased with the response and service that both the Tunerworks Performance and Forgeline provided, my concerns were address and corrections made in a timely manner, also repairs were made free of charge including freight cost.

Bottom line is to make sure you order your wheels without the barrrels drilled out for the TMPS. Not sure why the barrels would be drilled since Porsche uses the Valve stems for their TPMS.
that's great to know about forgeline. like i said before, i have had just about every brand of wheels (maybe not dymag), and CCW, BBS motorsport as well as forgeline has impressed me in service. oh, add HRE to it.

there are a LOT of good wheels out there. in fact, it's hard to find bad wheels. but there very few makers that can provide satisfactory service.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,503 Likes on 2,289 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
that's great to know about forgeline. like i said before, i have had just about every brand of wheels (maybe not dymag), and CCW, BBS motorsport as well as forgeline has impressed me in service. oh, add HRE to it.

there are a LOT of good wheels out there. in fact, it's hard to find bad wheels. but there very few makers that can provide satisfactory service.
+1 for both Fikse and HRE customer service ... They rock!
Old 03-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Bford100
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:
As a no cost mod......how come more people don't unplug the exhaust valves (permanetly open)? Couple this with a center muffler delete (mine is GMC) and the sound is the best I have had from any of the cars I have owned in the past.

I became very frustrated with the programmed opening and closing of the exhaust valves at different RPM's, along with sometimes only one opening and the other closed.

Other that a louder sound, what are some of the reasons why more people don't do it?

Great..................someday there will be speed restrictions????????????
Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,503 Likes on 2,289 Posts

Quote:

Great..................someday there will be speed restrictions????????????
adeneau bridge on the Nordschleife: 90 km/h!

Quick Reply: Most popular 997.2 GT3 mods?