Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Brumos Porsche Cup Car at Goldcrest Motors

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:01 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Brumos Porsche Cup Car at Goldcrest Motors

Hey, guys. Goldcrest Motors hosted a tech session for Peachstate PCA this morning. Really cool shop with a great crew. One of the bonuses was getting to crawl around the Brumos Porsche which ran in the 24hr race at Daytona a couple of weeks ago. Here's a video of them cranking the car for us.

I am going to let them do my corner balance and track alignment prior to running at Sebring next month. Should be interesting comparing with the stock alignment that I ran last week at RRR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GR5KK2XhOs
Old 02-26-2011, 06:25 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

That sound is intoxicating
Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Lewis

Before alignment, decide what tires you are going to stick with for the track....not all tires like the same alignment

I think I will be running Hooters at that event, I have been talking to toyo and ra1 is done......and I would rather track a smart car ( no offense mike ) than drive around the track on r888 again

My car is going in for alignment next week, i might have knocked it out at rrr
Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
Lewis

Before alignment, decide what tires you are going to stick with for the track....not all tires like the same alignment

I think I will be running Hooters at that event, I have been talking to toyo and ra1 is done......and I would rather track a smart car ( no offense mike ) than drive around the track on r888 again

My car is going in for alignment next week, i might have knocked it out at rrr
Thanks for bringing the tire issue up. I'm going to be running the Trofeo's at Sebring and will have the Sport Cups as a back up for late summer DE's. I've read some really good things about the Trof's, so, we'll see in S. Florida. I hear Sebring is pretty rough on tires.

WRT knocking your car out of alignment, that's strange. I mean five 360's on the pavement, then the grass, then the pavement, then the grass... Seems pretty minor to me
Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Sebring is not too tough on tires, just right rear with a blown LSD you will spin like crazy out of 7

The pavement is old, smooth

Before uget there u need to think about brakes. Put proper fluid and a decent track pad. I run motul 600 and endless me20. If u show up with stock, u can boil your fluid pretty quick

If it was me have them do a track alignment out of the manual, it is not too aggressive and will work with the r comp street tires you will be running

I will need Hoosier to keep up with you high horsepower cars, in my outdated 997.1

Brakes
Old 02-27-2011, 12:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,703 Likes on 2,342 Posts

I will need Hoosier to keep up with you high horsepower cars, in my outdated 997.1

Brakes
u also need a car to put hoosiers on. someone in CA has a RS waiting for you.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:22 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Sebring is not too tough on tires, just right rear with a blown LSD you will spin like crazy out of 7

The pavement is old, smooth

Before uget there u need to think about brakes. Put proper fluid and a decent track pad. I run motul 600 and endless me20. If u show up with stock, u can boil your fluid pretty quick

If it was me have them do a track alignment out of the manual, it is not too aggressive and will work with the r comp street tires you will be running

Brakes
What would those "track alignment out of the manual" specs be? Thanks.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:26 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lewis, where is gold crest motors and where was I for this event.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 AM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Lewis, where is gold crest motors and where was I for this event.
You missed a great session. Goldcrest is a local Atlanta shop that does all car prep for the Brumos team. Here's the website - http://www.goldcrestmotorsports.com/

Bob and Steve are very approachable and have made an effort to get involved with the Peachstate PCA. The tech session was announced via email blast from Peachstate about a month ago and listed on the their web site. I've been to a couple of these sessions and usually find them productive.

Goldcrest opened the shop for us for about 3-4 hours yesterday and fed us lunch. Top notch.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mooty
u also need a car to put hoosiers on. someone in CA has a RS waiting for you.
Find somone that wants a my car and I will start working on shipping from CA
Old 02-27-2011, 09:46 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Lewis, I will have to check this out the next time they do it. I wish they were closer to work on my car
Old 02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

For those not in the know, the guys are Goldcrest are the ones who led Farnbacher Loles to their string of national championships. When Greg Loles got indicted for being a thief, Bob and Stve went out on their own and set up shop as Goldcrest. They are a great group of people and worth a drive if you're looking for track oriented work in the region.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

They did a superb set up on my car and are a great group of people. They really know their stuff and how to translate their race car experience to dual use cars.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:38 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

That's great to hear. I'm really pleased to have "discovered" them.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also want to check GoldCrest out...I talked to Bob after Daytona about the coolant line crap and remedies as well as Flashes, a real nice guy. I need to get on the email announcement list....sorry i missed yesterdays event

Quick Reply: Brumos Porsche Cup Car at Goldcrest Motors