Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Help with changing out seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Rocci
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with changing out seats

I am getting ready to order a 2011 GTS Cab as a stable mate for the GT3. Having tracked the GT3 several times I can see real value in the sport buckets seats. I ordered the GT3 with regular sport seats, not the adaptive. So am thinking I will order the GTS with buckets and put them into the GT3 and vis versa. Does anyone see a problem with being able to do this? I talked to the service dept at the dealership and they said no problem. But I would like to get another opinion(s). The GTS will be a DD so I don't want or need buckets, and the GT3 will likely see more of the track. The GT3 is a 2010 if that matters.
Cheers.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Clifton
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

No issues with your planned swap. Pretty much a cake walk, just disconnect the neg cable on your battery before you do.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:39 AM
jbigelow
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clifton
No issues with your planned swap. Pretty much a cake walk, just disconnect the neg cable on your battery before you do.
A cake walk......just like Clifton said!!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,620 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Easy peasy any dealer should be able to do the swap in an hour or so ...
Old 02-11-2011, 10:15 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocci
I am getting ready to order a 2011 GTS Cab as a stable mate for the GT3. Having tracked the GT3 several times I can see real value in the sport buckets seats. I ordered the GT3 with regular sport seats, not the adaptive. So am thinking I will order the GTS with buckets and put them into the GT3 and vis versa. Does anyone see a problem with being able to do this? I talked to the service dept at the dealership and they said no problem. But I would like to get another opinion(s). The GTS will be a DD so I don't want or need buckets, and the GT3 will likely see more of the track. The GT3 is a 2010 if that matters.
Cheers.
I've done it and it's easy enough but certainly not a 1 hour job if you want to do it right and put the sub bars in the GT3 for the bottom part of the Schroth and install the side belts.

I documented it somewhere on the site and I think that it took me about 3 hours, taking my time to do it "just right" and about 20 minutes of that 3 hrs will have been fiddling with the bottom part of the harness to find the length that I needed on both seats.

Looks like you will be having the best of all worlds very soon!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,620 Likes on 2,351 Posts

^ I was suggesting that it would take a dealer around an hour to swap the seats out, not DIY.

Quick Reply: Help with changing out seats