Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2 RS arrive at LAX for next weeks delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 04:57 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just updated the thread where I questioned the Pet vs the claimed parts of the 2RS. Thread titled GT2 RS Shifter

Last edited by savyboy; 01-30-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: fix speelling
Old 01-30-2011, 05:08 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
I am an enthusiast but not a sycophant
Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

No worries John, I plan to make good use of my "bought" time..
That's going to be good!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:51 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Several people have now communicated to me about really crappy dealer experiences in trying to buy a 2RS. Let me say clearly- Chris Sanner (the world famous, and banned from RL, Stoppie) and Chad Lozon at Porsche N Olmsted (OH) have been great to do this deal with. Straight talking, honest, communicative. Sanner is the ultimate Porsche enthusiast as well.

Every car in my garage has come from them and every deal has been smooth as silk. And they are 2000 miles from me. I can't imagine buying from any other dealer?

If you are working with a dealer that is not treating you well, then it is up to you to starve them of $ and find a new dealer! With that said, it is a two way street, I treat my guys with respect and they reciprocate.

I am saddened to hear some of these stories, and the chances of sour deals can be lessened. A sales manager signed Buyers Order with a meaningful deposit will also help to bypass surprises from both sides. Locate and lock in your deal early and if your prospective dealer mucks around, freakin fire him already, yes? Do not fear shopping every dealer in the USA if that is what it takes to find what you want.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:23 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Delivery just like the Cup cars!
Pete, Nice in GR!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Congrats savyboy....hmm seems to me you will have a hard time deciding what vehicle to drive...
Old 02-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,185 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Savy: I love your signature. What a cool and serendipitous thing to have happen. As said before, only on RL!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:38 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Savyboy! Oh my freakin GOD!!! I'm so jealous!!! You have more P-cars than some dealers.

What is the event at LS on March 5/6th? I might come down just to meet you and see the car. Can I participate as well? Gisele is always up for a good sweat!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Great to hear...I miss Stoppie, Chris was great to have on the RL forum. I never understood his ban.

Lucky for me one of my local dealers in Tampa FL area, Bert Smith is really good to my wife and I. My sales guy Mike O'Donnell at Bert Smith is really great and gets the job done. Bert Smith's service manager Herb and lead tech Carlos are awesome with me.

How does your local Porsche dealer treat you when you take your new Porsche's in for any type of service since you did not buy from them...warranty or not? I know my dealer treats me well with nice loaner cars, free pick up delivery, fast service, deals on oil changes, parts like rotors that I need all the time because I buy my cars from them. I do not think they would do this if I didn't....just curious on your relationship with your local P Car dealer when it's time to service them.

thanks!

Originally Posted by savyboy
Several people have now communicated to me about really crappy dealer experiences in trying to buy a 2RS. Let me say clearly- Chris Sanner (the world famous, and banned from RL, Stoppie) and Chad Lozon at Porsche N Olmsted (OH) have been great to do this deal with. Straight talking, honest, communicative. Sanner is the ultimate Porsche enthusiast as well.

Every car in my garage has come from them and every deal has been smooth as silk. And they are 2000 miles from me. I can't imagine buying from any other dealer?

If you are working with a dealer that is not treating you well, then it is up to you to starve them of $ and find a new dealer! With that said, it is a two way street, I treat my guys with respect and they reciprocate.

I am saddened to hear some of these stories, and the chances of sour deals can be lessened. A sales manager signed Buyers Order with a meaningful deposit will also help to bypass surprises from both sides. Locate and lock in your deal early and if your prospective dealer mucks around, freakin fire him already, yes? Do not fear shopping every dealer in the USA if that is what it takes to find what you want.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:21 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Delivery just like the Cup cars!
Pete, Nice in GR!
Yeah, pretty wild! Thanks Phil.

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
Congrats savyboy....hmm seems to me you will have a hard time deciding what vehicle to drive...
Well as I generally have at least one torn apart tweaking it in some way, the decision is forced on me..lol Like Mikymu I like working on them as much as driving.

Originally Posted by Avid Fan
Savy: I love your signature. What a cool and serendipitous thing to have happen. As said before, only on RL!
The title was bestowed upon me by another RL'er due to my knack for digging up interesting information. Purely honorary though haha Yes, I see our intrepid photog has gone to ground Hopefully he did not get into any trouble for taking the pics?

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Savyboy! Oh my freakin GOD!!! I'm so jealous!!! You have more P-cars than some dealers.

What is the event at LS on March 5/6th? I might come down just to meet you and see the car. Can I participate as well? Gisele is always up for a good sweat!
Lol...Lar it is YourPrivateTrackDay.com event. I have never run with them before but the web site makes them sound like they keep a tight ship. Have you ever run with them? As far as I know the groups are wide open, come on over? I requested a garage (a Gah-rage for our UK posters).

Gentle on the control inputs if it is wet!

Originally Posted by mdrums
How does your local Porsche dealer treat you when you take your new Porsche's in for any type of service since you did not buy from them...warranty or not? I know my dealer treats me well with nice loaner cars, free pick up delivery, fast service, deals on oil changes, parts like rotors that I need all the time because I buy my cars from them. I do not think they would do this if I didn't....just curious on your relationship with your local P Car dealer when it's time to service them.

thanks!
Mike- my local dealer treats me like gold in the service dept. Service writer and master tech are great. I always gave my local dealer the opportunity to sell me a car but they couldn't get either RS and the deals on the other two were much different than the Olmsted deals.

To me it is an old wives tale that a dealer would treat you with less than full courtesy or not want to earn your service business regardless of where car was bought. Service work is excellent profit and they should be thrilled to get that. If they give you a hard time in any fashion for not earning your new car business then I would tell then to take a hike and immediately do business elsewhere.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:27 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I know my dealer treats me well with nice loaner cars, free pick up delivery, fast service, deals on oil changes, parts like rotors that I need all the time because I buy my cars from them. I do not think they would do this if I didn't....just curious on your relationship with your local P Car dealer when it's time to service them.

thanks!
I had my car serviced at my dealer several times but not a single time I had a Porsche car as a loaner. They just get cars from local enterprise rental and I think it is pretty common as I saw other porsche customers taking same stuff. i do not care much but still it would be interesting to comapre experiences, if anybody who has a CPO car bought not from a dealer EVER gets a porsche car as a loaner. I think only folks who buy new cars from same dealer get Porsche loaners.

Other than that - service was great, not a single issue, ever, most stuff was covered by warranty without issues.

Quick Reply: GT2 RS arrive at LAX for next weeks delivery