Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 GT2/GT3 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum-141/)
-   -   Who has a deposit on the LE GT3 RS? (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/604133-who-has-a-deposit-on-the-le-gt3-rs.html)

dertub 11-29-2010 03:55 PM

Who has a deposit on the LE GT3 RS?

Has anyone scooped the announcement and put one down in advance?

Billy Wyatt 11-29-2010 04:28 PM

50k for 50hp no thx

Difference Engine 11-29-2010 04:46 PM

When I was selling Porsches, we had a list of people leaving deposits on "speculations."

And the $50k increase for 50hp isn't too ridiculous. For Porsche anyway. Look at the dollar to horsepower ratio for the X50 and X51 packages on 996 models.

Bob Rouleau 11-29-2010 05:16 PM

My guess is a minor power bump, carbon fibre bits from the 2RS and a lot of bling carbon inside as PAG empties the parts bins. I'm thinking 1997 993 Turbo S as a guide.

savyboy 11-29-2010 05:57 PM

Dealer relationship is beyond that of needing deposit, but do have right of first refusal if my dealer gets an allocation.

Just to add to the rumor mill- it is going to be PDK mated to 4.0L, 495hp. Corner sensing dynamic camber adjustment of front wheels. Sequential shifter mated to a regular six-speed for no lift upshifts but don't need 40 hour rebuilds either. Electronic downshift throttle blips.

They went to Guard for a LSD that actually works and MovIt is doing the brakes.

Oh- forgot the active aero front and rear.

Yoops Racing 11-29-2010 06:00 PM

car depreciates too fast I see no reason to give away 50k right now.....:banghead:

911SLOW 11-29-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by savyboy (Post 8093907)
Dealer relationship is beyond that of needing deposit, but do have right of first refusal if my dealer gets an allocation.

Just to add to the rumor mill- it is going to be PDK mated to 4.0L, 495hp. Corner sensing dynamic camber adjustment of front wheels. Sequential shifter mated to a regular six-speed for no lift upshifts but don't need 40 hour rebuilds either. Electronic downshift throttle blips.

Unless it has muffler bearings as standard I ain't buying

axhoaxho 11-29-2010 06:33 PM

Nowadays with Porsche pumping out so-called special editions/models like rabbits, I don't see the need rushing into the LE and encouraging them to continue the practice -- there are way too many models in the 911 line already, mostly are just mix-and-match parts-pin specials with an engineering tweak of horsepower here and bodywork there.

I would say at least wait and see what the offical specifications of the LE will be, before rushing our money into it.

Just my thought.

Regards,

aussie jimmy 11-29-2010 07:34 PM

you saw this in a dream last night? :eek:

Tacet-Conundrum 11-29-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by 911SLOW (Post 8093947)

Don't forget the bumper fluid too.

Any msrp yet on this one? They going to poke this one over $200 grand like the Speedster?

savyboy 11-29-2010 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum (Post 8094154)
Don't forget the bumper fluid too.

Any msrp yet on this one? They going to poke this one over $200 grand like the Speedster?

Approx $200k is supposedly the US number. Slotted between 3RS and 2RS. PDK would not surprise me.

Bob Rouleau 11-29-2010 08:02 PM

I doubt PDK - adapting the M64 block to PDK for a few cars would not make economic sense. As to 500 HP, the latest GT3 R gets near that since it has no restrictor. No warranty either mind you ..

Targa Tim 11-29-2010 08:05 PM

add welding to the coolant pipes connection and change back to 5 lug nuts and I'll take two.:cool:

timothymoffat 11-29-2010 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by axhoaxho (Post 8093997)
Nowadays with Porsche pumping out so-called special editions/models like rabbits,

Getting kind of old isn't it?

Limited edition of a limited edition of a limited edition. Then there's Mk I and Mk II versions, each with "limited editions" to their run. Add em all up and there's a LOT of cars.

Oh well, marketing cars this way is great for Porsche's bottom line and makes people like me happy when you can get GREAT cars for 50% off (or more if you want a GT2) by waiting a few years.

TRAKCAR 11-29-2010 08:42 PM

Yes, I agree, but they must be sealed and conical.