Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Any new GT3 slots out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM
army scope jockey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any new GT3 slots out there?

I am stationed overseas in Germany and have been told all the 2011 GT3 slots are filled and there will be no more except for one GT3RS. Well at least that is what my military stealership is telling me.

FWIW, we get 3% off sticker on all Porsche sales with no sales tax and naturally factory pick up.

Dear Dr. Wolff:

Your letter to Porsche Customer Commitment. has been forwarded to me. I have been in contact
with the factory planning department and the situation is that all GT3s are sold. I also contacted Porsche of North America and the same is true there.

There is one production slot available for a GT3RS, but I understand that you are not interested in that model

If any GT3 comes up, I will notify you immediately..

Regards

Porsche Military Sales
Old 11-11-2010, 09:54 AM
army scope jockey
Intermediate

This was the letter I sent to Porsche AG.

Hoffentlich Sie konnen mir helfen. Ich bin US Army Arzt a und ich arbeite fur die US Army am Landstuhl US Army Krankenhaus. Ich habe mit die US Handler im Stuttgart gesprochen und leider konnen sie mir eine 2011 Porsche GT3 bestellen.

Sie mussen mein schlechtes Deutsch enschieden weil English ist mein Hauptsprache. Ich mochte eine GT3 bestellen mit leiferen in Fruhling. So ob die Amerikanner Handler darf es nicht bestellen dann muss ich im Amerika kaufen and nach Deutschland schicken. Oder muss ich nach Ingostadt fur eine Audi R8 V10 kaufen.

Hopefully you can help me. I am a US physician working for the US army at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center with SOFA (status of forces status).

I am wanting to order a US spec 2011 GT3 with a Mar/April delivery date. The US dealer in Stuttgart only has an allocation for a GT3 RS. As it stands, my options are: order a GT3 in the US and have it sent to me in Germany; settle for the Carrera GTS if a classic 911 rear ducktail spoiler can be optioned or order an Audi R8 v10.

For what it's worth, my last Porsche was an 89 Carrera, which I sold in 2003 when I moved to Landstuhl. I would prefer to own another Porsche and would like to take factory delivery as I suspect this would be one of the few opportunities to own and drive a 911 in Germany. However, if I am unable to order a GT3, I may just have to stimulate the economy of that Bavarian car manufacturer with the 4 rings as opposed to the prancing horse manufacturer of Baden-Württemberg.

MfG,

Dr. Jeffery Wolff
Old 11-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Go for the RS!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:21 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

cool. I ordered an RS from Pam at Cars International and picked it up in late May. I would say just go for the RS and de-sticker it if you don't want the flash. if you unbolt the wing its a ducktail…done.

I don't think you will see many GT3's coming around the dealership either. If you are interested in a 997.1 GT3 (white) US spec, maybe I can put in touch with the current owner of my previous car. I think he is pretty attached to it though.

-Jim

Last edited by carrering; 11-11-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:32 AM
army scope jockey
Intermediate

Jim,

The Audi guys are selling R8 V10s for 145K.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

^ u will get bored of the V10 R8, but you will not with the 911's.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,593 Likes on 2,339 Posts

its probably worth pointing out that there is apparently a significant number of RSes sitting on dealer lots over here ... but I imagine that you want to take delivery in Germany...

I could always swap you my '10 GT3 if you order the RS ...
Old 11-11-2010, 12:21 PM
IAortho
Instructor

Good luck Jeff. Get the 3 or RS.....you will love it. (I think the plain ol' 3 looks better.....and I wouldn't sell my personal specced 2011 gt3 for anything I'm sure you've earned it!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:11 PM
army scope jockey
Intermediate

GT3 + Ducati 1198 or BMW R1200 Adventure or MV Agusta F1000s = GT3RS
Old 11-11-2010, 02:43 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Jeff, can't go wrong with any of them really. probably can't order a GT3 anymore, but might be able to get a good deal on one sitting on a lot in US and just ship it over. don't see the point right now though as it will just sit in the garage all winter and depreciate at this point. maybe R8 is good idea. you can drive that into work in the snow :-)
Old 11-11-2010, 03:22 PM
army scope jockey
Intermediate

I don't need an R8 for the winter. I have one of these British tanks as my daily driver. Just 23 more years and it will come home to Texas.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:25 PM
gooner
Instructor

great defender !! lovely car shame we cant have them here.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:27 PM
gooner
Instructor

can you also really unbolt the rear wing on a new RS surely it would be unstable at speed???
Old 11-11-2010, 03:36 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by army scope jockey
This was the letter I sent to Porsche AG.

Hoffentlich Sie konnen mir helfen. Ich bin US Army Arzt a und ich arbeite fur die US Army am Landstuhl US Army Krankenhaus. Ich habe mit die US Handler im Stuttgart gesprochen und leider konnen sie mir eine 2011 Porsche GT3 bestellen.

Sie mussen mein schlechtes Deutsch enschieden weil English ist mein Hauptsprache. Ich mochte eine GT3 bestellen mit leiferen in Fruhling. So ob die Amerikanner Handler darf es nicht bestellen dann muss ich im Amerika kaufen and nach Deutschland schicken. Oder muss ich nach Ingostadt fur eine Audi R8 V10 kaufen.

Hopefully you can help me. I am a US physician working for the US army at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center with SOFA (status of forces status).

I am wanting to order a US spec 2011 GT3 with a Mar/April delivery date. The US dealer in Stuttgart only has an allocation for a GT3 RS. As it stands, my options are: order a GT3 in the US and have it sent to me in Germany; settle for the Carrera GTS if a classic 911 rear ducktail spoiler can be optioned or order an Audi R8 v10.

For what it's worth, my last Porsche was an 89 Carrera, which I sold in 2003 when I moved to Landstuhl. I would prefer to own another Porsche and would like to take factory delivery as I suspect this would be one of the few opportunities to own and drive a 911 in Germany. However, if I am unable to order a GT3, I may just have to stimulate the economy of that Bavarian car manufacturer with the 4 rings as opposed to the prancing horse manufacturer of Baden-Württemberg.

MfG,

Dr. Jeffery Wolff
So they weren't intimidated by your threat to buy a car from the same group of companies?

Very strange : )
Old 11-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gooner
great defender !! lovely car shame we cant have them here.
Supposedly when the next generation of Defenders come out, (2012?) with all the required DOT/safety stuff they will sell them in the US again.

Quick Reply: Any new GT3 slots out there?