Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What tire pressure for Corsa System tires?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 02:14 AM
malcolmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to this forum (contemplating putting the turbo out to stud and acquiring a GT3), but surprised by how high you guys are running your pressures. Mine is a heavier by 70 odd kg but neverthelss have always run no higher than 28f and 30r and generally 26f and 28r when on Corsa's. Hmmm.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I like the Corsas, nice tire, wearing well, very predictable handling on road and track, good tread so can be driven in the wet, but I don't think they have as much grip as the MPSC. I think I was at least a second or 2 slower on the Corsas even though in many ways, the Corsas "feel" better and are more predictable. There seems to be more sidewall flex on the MPSC but when they bite, they bite. That being said, I just switched to Hoosiers with the obvious benefits.

As for R888, my experience (from my 04 GT3) was they were awful the first day, settled in nicely for a while, and then dropped off a cliff at the end. Didn't like that pattern and wouldn't get again. Nitto NT01 if still available was a nice tire too (not available in 19 sizes).

I have heard recently the Trofeo may be the best of this group but I have no personal experience with them.

Quick Reply: What tire pressure for Corsa System tires?