Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

carrara white speedster in stuttgart - looks good

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 05:13 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Holy Cow, the 912 is coming back!

Makes perfect sense. Should have seen that one coming.

A more affordable car for the masses.

Lighter weight, shorter wheelbase. Probably take over the current 997-911 chassis.

Still has the killer looks of a 911.

*Higher MPG*. This ones the ringer. They need to turn to 4 cyl engines for this.

Should be interesting!

Phil
Old 10-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 20C4S
still don't see the look to justify the tag. a baller's 911 for sure.
The price is in the exclusivity (production is limited to "356" cars) but I agree that, for the money, basically double the sticker of a nice Cabrio, the car doesn't bring enough to the table. Somebody in Porsche is experimenting with their brand, using the end of the 997 model life to test price elasticity in their markets around the planet and perhaps even beginning a longer term measurement of the secondary market. Perhaps I'm giving their product people too much credit. If we see cars like the GTS continue in future 911's, we could be seeing Porsche finally getting a clue on resale value. But that's only if we see Porsche actively support the resale value of the unique models. If they pour the GTS into the US market until there's always one too many cars in supply, then they let the dealers gouge on the primary market and haggle down the secondary market, it's all for nothing more than a handful of "run out specials." If they control the supply of the GTS to customer orders and meter the production to prevent over supply, then have clear communication with the dealers to help them understand how to manage the brand and use the limited production models to offer higher resale value to shrewd customers, we could all benefit. Still, Porsche hasn't learned this lesson in the last 60 years, so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:05 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Carrera white is a brilliant color for a 911.
Is there a bad one?
It's Carrara white actually. Like the marble.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:09 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
The price is in the exclusivity (production is limited to "356" cars) but I agree that, for the money, basically double the sticker of a nice Cabrio, the car doesn't bring enough to the table. Somebody in Porsche is experimenting with their brand, using the end of the 997 model life to test price elasticity in their markets around the planet and perhaps even beginning a longer term measurement of the secondary market. Perhaps I'm giving their product people too much credit. If we see cars like the GTS continue in future 911's, we could be seeing Porsche finally getting a clue on resale value. But that's only if we see Porsche actively support the resale value of the unique models. If they pour the GTS into the US market until there's always one too many cars in supply, then they let the dealers gouge on the primary market and haggle down the secondary market, it's all for nothing more than a handful of "run out specials." If they control the supply of the GTS to customer orders and meter the production to prevent over supply, then have clear communication with the dealers to help them understand how to manage the brand and use the limited production models to offer higher resale value to shrewd customers, we could all benefit. Still, Porsche hasn't learned this lesson in the last 60 years, so I'm not holding my breath.
u're giving them way too much credit.

Quick Reply: carrara white speedster in stuttgart - looks good