Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Track Pics from Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be Edmonton Alberta, the trackless gateway to the north. All we have up here is an old airstrip (Namao) to autoX on but no track so we're geared up to travel long distances. We really like ORP but only made it there once this year; we're planning more trips next year for sure. Mooty if you make it north of Seattle into BC or Albertaa eat at Subway...I need the tire money!!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,701 Likes on 2,342 Posts

LMAO
wife in kitchen.
i screamed, "where is alberta?"
she replied "canada".
then i asked, "where in canada".
she said, "go chk out mia's globe"......

eat at subway to give you tire money.
i am much more desperate.
just wire money into my account at hoosier. you dont have to eat anything i make.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

We leave Edmonton and head due south traveling through Calgary on Hwy 2 and turn west onto hwy 533 at Nanton. It's a short hop over to hwy 22 which goes south through the foothills then intersects with hwy 3 which we take through the Crowsnest pass to a border crossing south of Cranbrook BC. Homeland security gives us the rubber glove treatment then we go south through Spokane onto I90 which we follow until we reach Ritzville where we stay overnight. The next day we go south on hwy 395 through the tri-cities to Umatilla where we turn onto I84 and follow the Columbia gorge to Biggs Junction where we stop to throw in about 1000 liters of diesel. Then we head south down hwy 97 past ORP, through Bend and Klamath Falls to Weed where we finally hit I5 and spend the night in Corning. Another huge hit on the Visa for diesel then it's a short hop to Monterey in the morning on the roughest freeways we have hit anywhere! So simply reverse that route and voila...Canada. Come for a visit we'll go skiing...
Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,701 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Calgary: I know it’s in Canada
Nanton: mars?
Cranbrook: never heard of it
Spokane: WA, USA
Ritzville: not sure. Oh, Ritz, the hotel. I do motel 6
Umatilla: I am really lost now
Columbia gorge to Biggs Junction: USA?
Bend and Klamath Falls: OR, USA
Monterey: I know this. Laguna is right there.

Come for a visit we'll go skiing...
⇒ nah. Took wife skiing when she’s in residency. She landed face first, now was a good brake pad, torn her ankle…. She has one ankle surgery every 3 years for 9 years now. Hope that’s it. on the way to hospital she was self diagnosing what’s broke… scary…. OTOH, I love skiing. I am pretty fast, but I can’t turn or stop. I find someone bigger and softer than me and plow into them.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

My wife is the skiing equivalent of a GT3 and I'm the equivalent of the semi...with trailer. It's like watching a Miata going through an autoX followed by a school bus...not a pretty site. Free surgeries here in Canada with only a year wait or so...no lineup at all at the tax collectors though

Quick Reply: Track Pics from Laguna Seca