Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

3.6 turbo to GT3 understeer

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:21 PM
diethelm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.6 turbo to GT3 understeer

For various reasons, I moved away from Porsche's since my last one which was a 3.6 turbo. Like all previous 911 variants, the last thing one could possible complain about was a push. Fast forward and the recession makes 2010 GT3's available.

Who stole my oversteer?

I do not track cars like this but do use them and put lots of miles on them. Therefore, I am not big into setting street cars up with track alignments.

So, like I have done before I decided to experiment with tire types and their associated different compounds. I am now sitting on Sport Cups in the front and PS2's in the rear. For the street, it works like a champ as it only rains about 6 days a year. Both the fronts and the rears are N-Specs.

I understand that some people would not like this approach, but it certainly works very nicely for those looking to dial out a little of the understeer.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

what is the current alignment settings on the car? sway bar settings?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
diethelm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No changes have been made. Factory settings.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:29 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,743 Likes on 2,703 Posts

Originally Posted by diethelm
No changes have been made. Factory settings.
Both front and rear swaybars are adjustable. That'd be a preferable place to start (along with alignment) over different tire types on each axle.

To reduce understeer you want to soften the front bar and/or stiffen the rear bar (drop links in the holes furthest from the bar soften and vice versa).

Generally, the front bar affects corner entry more and rear bar affects corner exit more. There are many combos available to try.

Quick Reply: 3.6 turbo to GT3 understeer