Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

One of our own appears in the latest GTPORSCHE mag.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread... I'm a huge fan of TopGear, and my DVR is full of episodes broadcast on BBC America. Unfortunately, I had not seen *either" of the episodes posted by John (911SLOW)... Both were entertaining... Thanks.

So Larry - have your summarized in a Rennlist thread your detailed thoughts on all of the Porsches that you have owned (993/RSA/GT3s)? I would be really interested in that review as I look to add more P-Cars to the stable...

Thanks!
-Blake
Old 07-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,620 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
We all are..
I predict below 1:18 at least a match for Koenigsegg CCXs time.
I also predict that the stig will have some interesting moments in the nearby fields.

John
I was thinking 1:1x also ... if Stiggy doesn't go off then I am sure Jezzer will, although I would prefer Hammond to review the car, he's not as biased as Jezzer and might actually tell us something interesting about the car instead of JC slagging it off ala his Times column reviews ...

After all we already know the engine is in the back and that he prefers F'cars ...

Old 07-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blake
I thoroughly enjoyed this thread... I'm a huge fan of TopGear, and my DVR is full of episodes broadcast on BBC America. Unfortunately, I had not seen *either" of the episodes posted by John (911SLOW)... Both were entertaining... Thanks.

So Larry - have your summarized in a Rennlist thread your detailed thoughts on all of the Porsches that you have owned (993/RSA/GT3s)? I would be really interested in that review as I look to add more P-Cars to the stable...

Thanks!
-Blake
Much too the chagrin of my better half its my favorite tv show and I regularly delete her "real housewives of xxx" in favor of TG ...

I haven't reviewed my past experiences of all my cars ... but I guess that would be fun ...

I'll start work on that ... it will give me something to do on the plane next week as I fly to Germany for my year dose of "Nordschleife" ...

have you watched the episode where JC tries to pilot the Jag Diesel around the track in less than 10 mins ... and the followup when Sabine tries to do it in a van?

classic ...
Old 07-23-2010, 02:32 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I was thinking 1:1x also ... if Stiggy doesn't go off then I am sure Jezzer will, although I would prefer Hammond to review the car, he's not as biased as Jezzer and might actually tell us something interesting about the car instead of JC slagging it off ala his Times column reviews ...

After all we already know the engine is in the back and that he prefers F'cars ...

Noo I dont want Hammond I want Jeremy so that as see his face when he drives it and want the comments too. Forget real world reviews we have Harris for that. I want fun. And when the 2RS brakes the enzo time we ll have plenty.

John
Old 07-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Noo I dont want Hammond I want Jeremy so that as see his face when he drives it and want the comments too. Forget real world reviews we have Harris for that. I want fun. And when the 2RS brakes the enzo time we ll have plenty.

John
good points ... it would be good to see him eat crow etc ... +1 on the C Harris ... I wonder if he will make it to "5th gear" ... if that's even still on ...

thinking Sabine and Vikki Butler Henderson together on their own show!

http://qgear.es/wp-content/uploads/2...-henderson.jpg

cant find any "glamour" pics of Sabine
Old 07-23-2010, 04:20 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

good points ... it would be good to see him eat crow etc ... +1 on the C Harris ... I wonder if he will make it to "5th gear" ... if that's even still on ...

thinking Sabine and Vikki Butler Henderson together on their own show!

http://qgear.es/wp-content/uploads/2...-henderson.jpg

cant find any "glamour" pics of Sabine
The only pictures you ll find on the net is with Sabine in uniform maybe a polo shirt and always a car or cage as a backround.
But good idea anyway I dont mind the backround.
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

The only pictures you ll find on the net is with Sabine in uniform maybe a polo shirt and always a car or cage as a backround.
But good idea anyway I dont mind the backround.
maybe add in Danica Patrick ...

http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/reso...patrick_12.jpg

and we could call it "Top Gear: Topless" ...

Old 07-23-2010, 04:30 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

maybe add in Danica Patrick ...

http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/reso...patrick_12.jpg

and we could call it "Top Gear: Topless" ...

Called it how you want I ll watch it anyway

John
Old 07-23-2010, 05:27 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

can't stand danica. speed bee is totally out of her league in my opinion.
looking forward to top gear this sunday. tom cruise is going to put a kia on two wheels. also special on ayrton senna and testing new bugatti. should be a great show!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:47 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by carrering
can't stand danica. speed bee is totally out of her league in my opinion.
looking forward to top gear this sunday. tom cruise is going to put a kia on two wheels. also special on ayrton senna and testing new bugatti. should be a great show!
Cool cant wait to watch it and Im sure Jeremy will tease him about Scientology too.

John

Quick Reply: One of our own appears in the latest GTPORSCHE mag.