Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Tune into Speed Channel Next Week: SharkWerks 3.9L GT3RS Rides Again

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010 | 06:10 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just watched the show last night. It was so good, that I watched it again. I was expecting the Sharkwerks GT3 to beat the F430 by a mile on the road course, and it sure did.

Alex was probably on Sport Cups and the F430 on crappy tires, so with both cars in similar tires, the two road course events would have been closer, but the GT3 RS would still win (by a lot).

For clarification, the F430 in the show is a regular F430 with Scuderia wheels and Scuderia stripes, and not a real Scuderia. The real 430 Scuderia is close to 250 lbs lighter than a standard F430, and 200 lbs lighter than the car in the show, it also has a much quicker transmission, different gear ratios, bigger brakes than the F430 with CCB, more downforce, and a lot better suspension, diff, traction control, etc.

As great as the Sharkwerks GT3 RS is (my favorite GT3 RS in this country), it would have lost to a real Scuderia with the stock ECU in every single test in the show, except the two road course events where a stock Scuderia would have lost due to skinny and crappy tires, soft suspension and horrible alignment.

Now, I need to find a way to record a DirectTV DVR show to a DVD so I can keep this one for life.
Old 07-31-2010 | 07:19 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I just watched the show last night. It was so good, that I watched it again. I was expecting the Sharkwerks GT3 to beat the F430 by a mile on the road course, and it sure did.

Alex was probably on Sport Cups and the F430 on crappy tires, so with both cars in similar tires, the two road course events would have been closer, but the GT3 RS would still win (by a lot).

For clarification, the F430 in the show is a regular F430 with Scuderia wheels and Scuderia stripes, and not a real Scuderia. The real 430 Scuderia is close to 250 lbs lighter than a standard F430, and 200 lbs lighter than the car in the show, it also has a much quicker transmission, different gear ratios, bigger brakes than the F430 with CCB, more downforce, and a lot better suspension, diff, traction control, etc.

As great as the Sharkwerks GT3 RS is (my favorite GT3 RS in this country), it would have lost to a real Scuderia with the stock ECU in every single test in the show, except the two road course events where a stock Scuderia would have lost due to skinny and crappy tires, soft suspension and horrible alignment.

Now, I need to find a way to record a DirectTV DVR show to a DVD so I can keep this one for life.
Thanks so much for the kind words and glad you enjoyed it. Being there was a lot of fun and the track section is where we completely dominated (5-6seconds a lap) as you say.... The funny thing about this particular f430 is that it's it's no stocker and tuned. It has actually raced against the 16M before (there are videos on YouTube showing this) and actually faster by a good bit. No joke that tuned f430 kept up closer than a superleggera. With a 6speed vs those f1 trannies it's tough but nonetheless fun. Up to 170 we were always quicker but then our airbrake (wing) took over and the slippery fcar would come back a bit. Those two cars got driven so hard it was nice to witness what they could really do...
Old 08-31-2010 | 09:45 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

hey folks... the full episode is now available on HULU for those of you that don't have speed channel and haven't yet seen it. This is for US folks only...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/173325/bat...ri-and-porsche
Old 08-31-2010 | 11:56 PM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Couldn't resist and had to watch it again.

Well done Alex and crew!
Old 09-01-2010 | 02:25 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by deutschmick
Couldn't resist and had to watch it again.

Well done Alex and crew!
hehe thanks! Was nice without the adverts
Old 09-01-2010 | 02:51 PM
chago996
Racer

The script was written by the same folks who do all those fishing shows, "hey, that's a big fish", crap!
Old 09-01-2010 | 02:59 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by chago996
The script was written by the same folks who do all those fishing shows, "hey, that's a big fish", crap!
Well all we could do was bring the cars and watch the driving/pix which was cool
Old 09-02-2010 | 11:10 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Thanks Alex, I was only able to watch it from the corner of my eye the first time around because of an "inconvenient family get-together"
Old 09-03-2010 | 01:35 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FFaust
Thanks Alex, I was only able to watch it from the corner of my eye the first time around because of an "inconvenient family get-together"
Hehe don't want to upset the natives!

Quick Reply: Tune into Speed Channel Next Week: SharkWerks 3.9L GT3RS Rides Again