Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent....I actually need that center muffler
Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Did you sell the wheels? I sent a couple of guys from another forum your way.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:24 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdrums
Did you sell the wheels? I sent a couple of guys from another forum your way.
Never heard from them.

The tires are still for sale.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by crispenigl
It is amazing. If you want to just try their schools send me a PM and Ill get you a discount on the 3 days schools.

You get instruction by pro drivers and race in an open wheel car that handles up to 1.5 in cornering. It has very little aero downforce, but it doesnt matter.

Real racing is amazing and I got hooked badly. WARNING!

It costs about 6 to 10k to start and then you can spend 2.5 to 4k per race weekend. (assuming no crash damage) the great news on crash damage though is that they do limit it.

I have lost 30 lbs since I started in skippy racing just because weight makes you more competitive and i train for the races now. Im 40 and Im in much much better shape than when I was 35.

We race all around the country on great tracks like seca, road atlanta, america, glen, ViR, Lime Rock, Sebring and many more.

I cannot recommend it highly enough. There are some issues though as well. The car technology is old, but I actually prefer it that way. No TC, SC, PSM, etc.
Greg
I did the Russell Racing Techniques of Racing, and Advanced Racing as well as their graduate day challenge a number of years ago, they had formula russell and formula mazda (as I recall) the former with no GE, and the latter with Ground Effects ...

it was an expensive (but hey it was in the bubble days so who's counting) but a total blast ... and very enlightening as to the significant differences between driving a street car and a race car on track (not least of which is it is miserable in the rain ... imagine sitting in a cold puddle of water, with your visor fogging, cracked slighty so you can see ... with the rooster tails from the car in front hosing you down as you drive ... no ABS etc).

Sitting in the cockpit of the mazda car was fun in 102 of heat watching the semi-clad models drape themselves over the TRG 911 ... and watching my rear wing catch fire as we lined up on the grid was also an experience I will not forgot anytime soon ...

it's totally captivating ... DO IT!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:20 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
it was an expensive (but hey it was in the bubble days so who's counting) but a total blast ... and very enlightening as to the significant differences between driving a street car and a race car on track (not least of which is it is miserable in the rain ... imagine sitting in a cold puddle of water, with your visor fogging, cracked slighty so you can see ... with the rooster tails from the car in front hosing you down as you drive ... no ABS etc).
I hated racing in the rain, but after enough experience. I love it - nothing like racing in the rain but you need a good visor that has no scratches on it and a good quality helmet and lastly knowing how to breathe to not fog the visor helps a lot.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

I hated racing in the rain, but after enough experience. I love it - nothing like racing in the rain but you need a good visor that has no scratches on it and a good quality helmet and lastly knowing how to breathe to not fog the visor helps a lot.
What amazed me was the amount of lift that you felt with a regular helmet in place ... I see now why the open cockpit guys helmets have those little "ducktails" ...

speaking of "the art of racing in the rain" ... the author includes a lap of Thunderhill with a dog in the car ... pretty funny!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:38 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

It wont let me PM you.

The wheels will fit any GT3 997.1 no problem.

If you PM your email Ill send you additional pix and the original invoice.

Thanks,
Greg
Ugh, I was away for a week and I didn't get any notification e-mail. I couldn't check the forum on my cell phone while I was on vacation. The dealership already ordered me a set...

I'm a little too late
Old 07-23-2010, 07:52 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
What amazed me was the amount of lift that you felt with a regular helmet in place ... I see now why the open cockpit guys helmets have those little "ducktails" ...

speaking of "the art of racing in the rain" ... the author includes a lap of Thunderhill with a dog in the car ... pretty funny!
Haha. This reminds me of my first days in an open wheel race car. I had used the same helmet since day one for 5 years of driving my various porsche cars and then on the track I was very surprised that my helmet would lift down the straights at laguna seca and it was VERY unnerving. It felt like the helmet was trying to pull my head off :P

I have had a duckbill and ducktail helmet ever since
Old 07-24-2010, 04:28 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Hi Folks,

Last call for offers on my wheels. I have a low offer that I will accept if no one is willing to come closer to my 2600 asking price.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 07-25-2010, 01:00 PM
jacksojf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent.

Quick Reply: CCW wheels and other various 997.1 gt3 parts