Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Interchangeable... 997.1 GT3 rear quarter panel with 997.1 RS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 02:14 PM
ROK
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interchangeable... 997.1 GT3 rear quarter panel with 997.1 RS?

My indy was telling me this is possible so wanted to confirm with the resident experts here.

I like the widebody sans the RS' extroverted looks.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,395 Likes on 640 Posts

the RS body shell and pieces are from the C4 widebody, the gt3 uses a narrow shell- you're gonna have to get different bumpers etc
Old 07-08-2010, 02:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,874 Likes on 2,404 Posts

as CJ said, it is possible, but lots of bondo and lots of work to reform adjacent pieces. you just need money.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:34 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Ichiban is right you need a LOT of parts many of them you cant see plus new wheels or spacers, and the labor is big too, if the car is not crashed dont do it.

But if money is not a problem go with the RSR back end. sexiest car *** ever created. and loose all stickers. that would be so cool. search here i ve seen some pictures of a conversion.

John
Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

only a select few street GT3s converted to track cars went to the wider RS fenders and rear bumper.

$$$$$$$$$

alot of CUP cars were converted to RS rear fenders for grand-am cup.

$$$$$$$$$

can be done, but why bother ruin resale value....
Old 07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I was at the local Porsche store the other day and there was a GT3 and a GT3RS...I could hardly tell the difference regarding the rear fenders.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:16 PM
ROK
Banned

I'm not going to go down this path. It's way more work than what I was hoping for.

I love the widebody and I can totally tell the difference, but prefer the regular GT3's street looks over the track monster styling of the RSs.

Thank you for the education. It's very valuable to me and certainly much appreciated.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:32 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ROK
My indy was telling me this is possible so wanted to confirm with the resident experts here.

I like the widebody sans the RS' extroverted looks.
Originally Posted by ROK
I'm not going to go down this path. It's way more work than what I was hoping for.

I love the widebody and I can totally tell the difference, but prefer the regular GT3's street looks over the track monster styling of the RSs.

Thank you for the education. It's very valuable to me and certainly much appreciated.
Come on I was hoping you would do the RSR look.
Why dont you think it one more day? maybe you ll change you mind again what you like.

John
Old 07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
ROK
Banned

lol@John

Call it blasphemy, but my GT3 is going to be completely street styling once I find the right one. I'm fairly picky about interior options given my needs/wants. Ideally I want full leather, color backed seats, PCCB, and interior pieces in body color or full OEM CF. tough tough to find.

I'll be adding Techart side skirts, painting the front lower lip to body color and adding 20" HRE C90s. I think the stepped lip will make the 20s look just the right size. Good visual balance and they're pretty light.

I understand the GT3 comes with adjustable coilovers so I'm glad I don't have to spend additional $s on an aftermarket Bilstein setup.

I may sound more like a Turbo guy, but honestly, when I drove one, I was pretty underwhelmed with how it felt more like Gt coupe than a sports car. the GT3 drive was quite the different story.

thx, again!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ROK
lol@John

Call it blasphemy, but my GT3 is going to be completely street styling once I find the right one. I'm fairly picky about interior options given my needs/wants. Ideally I want full leather, color backed seats, PCCB, and interior pieces in body color or full OEM CF. tough tough to find.

I'll be adding Techart side skirts, painting the front lower lip to body color and adding 20" HRE C90s. I think the stepped lip will make the 20s look just the right size. Good visual balance and they're pretty light.

I understand the GT3 comes with adjustable coilovers so I'm glad I don't have to spend additional $s on an aftermarket Bilstein setup.

I may sound more like a Turbo guy, but honestly, when I drove one, I was pretty underwhelmed with how it felt more like Gt coupe than a sports car. the GT3 drive was quite the different story.

thx, again!
Blasphemy?

You use to reply to me the words street styling, techart skirts, and 20" inch wheels and full leather with carbon blings for a gt3?

have you noticed my signature?
If not do you see the guns in my avatar??

Come on!

John
Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
lol@John

thx, again!
you forgot the big sound system with neon lights and exposed subwoofers

Quick Reply: Interchangeable... 997.1 GT3 rear quarter panel with 997.1 RS?