Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Need photo of sport bucket w RED seat belt passage

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 11:44 AM
wilson234
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need photo of sport bucket w RED seat belt passage

I'm trying to decide if i want to order my gt3 with the RED painted Seat belt passage. I'm leaning towards this vs. getting red seat belts.

Additionally, does anyone have actual photos the of RS3.8 logo in the headrest? All I can find on the internet is the crests, or a generic photo from Porsche, which I believe is the European fire retardant fabric.

Much appreciated.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:01 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

pls fill in your location
if you are in USA, the seat will NOT have "3.8" on it. and it will always be leather, no choice of cloth.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/7658562-post32.html
Old 06-19-2010, 01:46 PM
wilson234
Instructor

I'm in USA. Ok figures why I can't seem to find a picture of the "RS 3.8". I realize the sport bucket comes in leather only for USA.

So to clarify, RS seats is nothing or Porsche Crest Logo.

Still looking for anyone with red interior with RED PAINTED Seat Belt Passage to post a pic........anyone?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:48 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by wilson234
I'm in USA. Ok figures why I can't seem to find a picture of the "RS 3.8". I realize the sport bucket comes in leather only for USA.

Still looking for anyone with red interior with RED PAINTED Seat Belt Passage to post a pic........anyone?
u can order the seats with 3.8 on it from europe, but that's a lot of work and $$$.

USA leather version you can choose "nothing" or "crest" , correct.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Search for the one shown in yellow. It was, let's say, inappropriate.

http://circle.porschedealer.com/2010...68337/info.php
Attached Images   
Old 06-19-2010, 07:36 PM
wilson234
Instructor

So are you telling me no one has selected this option outside of the one example in Yellow? I am planning to do red stitching on the seats and red paint on the seat belt passages, to go along with the red belts (RS). Nothing else red except the red door pulls. Too Much?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

So are you telling me no one has selected this option outside of the one example in Yellow? I am planning to do red stitching on the seats and red paint on the seat belt passages, to go along with the red belts (RS). Nothing else red except the red door pulls. Too Much?
Probably not too much (other than expense!)

There is a car just as you describe with pics here. Someone took delivery just recently. Red gauge faces, too. (not what I'd do, but each to his own.)

https://rennlist.com/forums/7654005-post2.html
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2010, 06:39 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Not red of course, but I did select that option along with silver belts. It is hard to photograph properly, very subtle, not sure if the red would have the same effect. Personally, I don't mind the red in little accents, just don't prefer in large doses like wheels and seat belts. If you like it, then you should get it.
Cole
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 PM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Silver mirrors? Let's see more of that car!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:59 AM
wilson234
Instructor

I agree more pics. Is that factory option seat belt pass through, or did you paint afterwards? The reason I ask is bc I see the silver ring around the shifter is also blue, never seen that painted before is that an option. Is it just me or why is porsche's online builder tool only have the basic options?(USA). Is there somewhere youncan get the most upnto date options available on the gt3rs?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:07 AM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree more pics. Is that factory option seat belt pass through, or did you paint afterwards? The reason I ask is bc I see the silver ring around the shifter is also blue, never seen that painted before is that an option. Is it just me or why is porsche's online builder tool only have the basic options?(USA). Is there somewhere youncan get the most upnto date options available on the gt3rs?
That piece is an option, unless you choose paint to sample... then there is a 'conflict'. Go figure.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:50 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

You guys are no doubt the most eagle eyed bunch I have ever "seen." Thanks for the PM's and yes, that is a Daytona trophy in the background, but no the mirrors are not silver. Its the standard blue/gold with some unique aesthetic options, I know most of you guys are interested in the track but for me this car was something different. Radio delete so the only music is the engine note, Li-Ion battery and a bunch of little bits to make it my own (all factory options). You need to spend about a week with the order guide ahead of time and have an idea of what you like, have already seen, etc. The RS really is a special car.

As for photos, I have the car in a zillion pieces to prep for the Porsche Parade Concours, haven't even driven the thing so I won't have any decent photos until that is over. Pretty amazing how many parts are similar to the GT3 Cup when you get right down to it.

Quick Reply: Need photo of sport bucket w RED seat belt passage