Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Catastrophic coolant loss causes spin at Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 03:11 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

This is very disappointing to see that they are not acknowledging the problem. It's a real issue and should be taken more seriously. I would be surprised if PCNA isn't following this thread and similar ones. To say it's isolated is just silly. I know it scared the ****e out of me when mine blew in a very dangerous place.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:47 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritz Flynn
No doubt Porsche won't care what happens on a track because it would be very hard to pursue any legal claim.

Once again though I've already reported the problem to Porsche with my VIN etc... so if something does happen on the street hopefully they may at least fix it. I also think EVERYONE else should report this issue whether it's happened or not. Lets rain down on the Porsche so they take some frikken action THIS IS A SERIOUS SAFETY PROBLEM. F#ck it lets picket the factory, so who's with me
Fritz, with you 100% on that one and I'm well overdue for a holiday so I'll gladly picket with ya...
Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Seems like the usual denial by PCNA. I would not focus on track incidents. Rather, the fact that a bogus design or implementation causes premature failures. I'm sure a look at their warranty claims would show that almost all 996 GT3's are suffering this failure, usually before and then again after the warranty expires.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Seems like the usual denial by PCNA. I would not focus on track incidents. Rather, the fact that a bogus design or implementation causes premature failures. I'm sure a look at their warranty claims would show that almost all 996 GT3's are suffering this failure, usually before and then again after the warranty expires.
So how can they then tell us through multiple channels (Andreas P, PCC) that they are unaware and that what we have are only a few isolated incidents?

Sorry, I am new to this and probably still pretty naive.

Quick Reply: Catastrophic coolant loss causes spin at Mosport