Enhanced And Reduced Weight GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:12 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Robert- I'm in AWE of your expertise and precision use of super-terminator2 type materials and am familiar via the 964 thread. Super cool.

My only gripe is that the rarity and cost of the aluminum lithium etc does nothing for the relatively "tried and true" shape of the 911 shell. I just don't think that the 911 looks exotic any more, and am jaded...so my main cause for concern in spending money on a car is:

it must have a defined purpose in my driving life
it must be different visually from what I already own
it must provide a visceral experience or be supremely functional

my cgt is a "dream car" with sounds and sensations unequaled by any other street car I've experienced.

my gti gets great gas mileage and is easily parked by whatever girl I let drive it.

my truck can yank stumps and tow stuff, while seating 6 and getting 22mpg.

the gt3RS is all the track day toy/ curb appeal I need from a 911. it's good for bringing friends around the track scene. and I really like that it's a high revving NA car.

If I didn't have a GT3RS coming, and a CGT in my garage, and secretly yearn for wedge shaped exotics in the form of a ferrari or the mclaren, I'd be all over a GT2RS.

but that's just me. if I ever had an ALMS team, I'd hit you up for ideas, parts, fabrication etc. Sadly my dollars are not cubic yet.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:42 AM
GTDeux
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of you guys fail to understand how amazing it would be to have a Cartridge-modified GT2-RS.

Not only would it be an instant collectible and retain its value... with Bob Linton's parts you would have a one of a kind Porsche that would run circles around Cup cars or even RSRs.

And don't be fooled. There is not a SINGLE tuner or aftermarket company for Porsche that is even CLOSE to Cartridge's resources, R&D, and track record of race-winning parts that are at the bleeding edge of technology. Comparing a tuner to Cartridge is like comparing Cessna to Northrop Grumman in aerospace.

Unfortunately, you typically have to be a top race team blessed by Porsche Motorsport to get these parts.

If I have the financial means, I would definitely build a Cartridge-spec GT2-RS. In the long run, my one-off car would also be worth substantially more than what I put into it, I assure you.

My 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Enhanced And Reduced Weight GT2RS