Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2011 GT3rs is born... Updated- Home at last 6/23

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 PM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wilson234
Is it true all 2011 has xm radio atenna regardless of whether you order XM radio? Personally, I would not want this on my car if I had the option.
Can anyone confirm this? They won't install roll bar mounting plates but they install an antenna for XM radio; even if you have no radio? Tell me this is not so!

Last edited by JAMS; 06-25-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ands8
The last few pictures show the precise colour of this car, the battleship shade of gray can be seen clearly in the 7th & last pictures on the inside of the door. However the first few pictures, the car looks black & has obviously been passed through photoshop or similar to reduce the contrast/colour saturation or the camera settings were changed so as to provide a similar effect.

Why do people order a car & then try & change its colour in pictures? What we see in these pictures is not what you are driving about in. These RS pictures, like so many that have been & probaly will be posted, here & on other forums, are im my opinion a fraud & shoud be removed.

I have an RS delivered next month & like most people had trouble settling on the colour combo. The shade of blue ordered is not exactly to my liking but I for one will not try & cheat the viewers of forums by changing it in p/shop. When I post pics of my car, what you see is what it is.
Let me just clarify for the photo police since I'm being accused of fraud and attemting to mislead the Rennlist community with my photos...

1. None of these photos have been passed through Photoshop. The only manipulation I performed was to block out my licence plate. Beyond that, I have no skills when it comes to photoshop and no time to learn.

2. Grey/black does change color depending on how the light hits it. I've seen anywhere from a dark asphalt color to a light matte grey color. These photos were taken late in the day and the car was parked in the shade.

3. All cameras capture colors differently. The photos shot on6/24 were done with a Canon DSLR in the "auto" setting with an L glass lense. I have never messed with the settings since I got the camera. The photos from 6/23 were shot with my Iphone... same with the photos from earlier.

4. Different monitors display colors differetly. The angle of view can have a significant impact on the color being shown... particularly with LCD screens.

5. People also interpret colors differently. Men in particular are more apt to being color blind and some folks eyes might be more sensitive to certain colors than others.

6. I have noticed the same variability in grey/black in other photos being posted. Its obviously a hard color to accurately capture and represent with all the variables .
Old 06-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdrums
Sloth...absolutely killer car! I am just up I-75 from you so I hope to see you and your car around sometime. Do you go to Sebring fo DE events?
Thanks. Where along I-75 are you? I used to run the track quite a bit... even got into instructing for Chin and PCA a while back. Since then life has kept me busy and I haven't been on track in about 5 years. I am hoping that will be changing soon and that I'll be making it to Sebring, Homestead, and PBIR sometime soon... after it cools down a little.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Hey Gert is it possible to order the thicker 2011 alacantara wheel (CLA) pictured with or without the RS ctr stripe?

pictured here from the car previously pictured?
Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2010, 07:53 PM
wilson234
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMS
Can anyone confirm this? They won't install roll bar mounting plates but they instal an antenna for XM radio; even if you have no radio? Tell me this is not so!
I found a dealer with a 2011 and it did not have the XM radio antenna, which corresponds to no XM radio on the car. Ultimately, this misstatement from a dealer I spoke with has been verified false..........

Old 06-25-2010, 08:04 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

I agree with the comments on color. My 2011 RS looks black in my garage. Take it out in sunlight and you get battleship gray. Quite a difference.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:12 PM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wilson234
I found a dealer with a 2011 and it did not have the XM radio antenna, which corresponds to no XM radio on the car. Ultimately, this misstatement from a dealer I spoke with has been verified false..........

Whew... thanks for that!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:26 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sloth
1. None of these photos have been passed through Photoshop. The only manipulation I performed was to block out my licence plate. Beyond that, I have no skills when it comes to photoshop and no time to learn.
Just noticed you forgot to block out your plate on second pic, post #36 Congrats, beautiful car, beautiful house, and a driveway I can only dream of in LA! (My house is not cheap by any means but it only has a 2 car driveway)
Old 06-25-2010, 09:26 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Sloth
Thanks. Where along I-75 are you? I used to run the track quite a bit... even got into instructing for Chin and PCA a while back. Since then life has kept me busy and I haven't been on track in about 5 years. I am hoping that will be changing soon and that I'll be making it to Sebring, Homestead, and PBIR sometime soon... after it cools down a little.
exit 246 Apollo Beach...

You should get back over to the track. We have a good time over there. I am not going to the track until September...still will not be cool yet but I promised my wife we'd do a lot more boating this year.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:28 AM
buttons123
Instructor

The last few pictures show the precise colour of this car, the battleship shade of gray can be seen clearly in the 7th & last pictures on the inside of the door. However the first few pictures, the car looks black & has obviously been passed through photoshop or similar to reduce the contrast/colour saturation or the camera settings were changed so as to provide a similar effect.

Why do people order a car & then try & change its colour in pictures? What we see in these pictures is not what you are driving about in. These RS pictures, like so many that have been & probaly will be posted, here & on other forums, are im my opinion a fraud & shoud be removed.

I have an RS delivered next month & like most people had trouble settling on the colour combo. The shade of blue ordered is not exactly to my liking but I for one will not try & cheat the viewers of forums by changing it in p/shop. When I post pics of my car, what you see is what it is.
Get a life
Old 06-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Let me ask you this question Champ.

Considering that some have referred to me as the official King of Photoshop on this forum are you calling me a "FRAUD"??

Because I have news for you....

I used Photoshop to decide what color to choose with my order and without it, I would have made a big mistake.

Now back to the color variation.

The Color of your car will look different under different lighting.

Example of My C63 shot on the same day, with the same camera under different light without photoshop.

Seems pretty normal to me.
Attached Images    
Old 06-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Bad day at work?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:38 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Is that the factory clubsport rollbar? What is the black tape for where the belts attach called? Car looks awesome!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:45 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Do you work for the goverment?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:23 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

christ, seems color is very important?
all i know is my RS is too heavy, too cushy... motor is 3.8 in the back, has a POS LSD, short gears, lwfw.... color was the cheapest i can get.

Quick Reply: 2011 GT3rs is born... Updated- Home at last 6/23