Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Zr1

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010 | 10:34 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NelsonF
Agreed with tactility vs shear force comments. Has anyone seen a new 2010 at the track? J Van Overbeek in the Excellence article was quite impressed vs GT2.
I realize the preference of this group but trying to be open minded. All things being equal my preference is the RS but with a 50k differential, the thought comes up. Went to a GTR from my 996 GT2 and was impressed but sold it after a year- don't believe I gave it a fair shot since I was jonesing for an RS- missed my previous GT2 and 3 experience. Then this ZR1 situation came up.
I have been on the track with one and it sounded great and it was fast. I think they fixed the front brake pads. The Zo6 had 6 pads on each wheel.
Old 05-13-2010 | 12:11 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

The ZR is gonna be one badda$$ piece of machine, track or street.

Credit where it is due. Had a Z 06 and even stock, it was as fast as any street Porsche at the track. Tweeked (OK, TWEEEKED!) it was really running a different class. I'm sure the ZR is in THAT class.

But as a .2 GT3 owner, can tell you that I would not trade my car for that car for even a NY Minute

Totally different experience. As my wife says, "you're just a Porsche Guy".
Old 05-13-2010 | 12:34 AM
NelsonF
Pro

Originally Posted by allegretto
The ZR is gonna be one badda$$ piece of machine, track or street.

Credit where it is due. Had a Z 06 and even stock, it was as fast as any street Porsche at the track. Tweeked (OK, TWEEEKED!) it was really running a different class. I'm sure the ZR is in THAT class.

But as a .2 GT3 owner, can tell you that I would not trade my car for that car for even a NY Minute

Totally diff erent experience. As my wife says, "you're just a Porsche Guy".
Yup, I'm probably one of those guys too but just need to see for myself what else is out there(within reason)-just in case...

Quick Reply: Zr1