Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 center lock conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:29 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
I don't understand it from a technical standpoint either. CLs are one of the worst ideas ever from Porsche.

It's like someone walking into an STD clinic and asking "Can I have a case of herpes?". Yes you may. Knock yourself out while at it.

Then again, the OP has stated in other threads his strong opinion on his "997.1 GT3->997.2 GT3RS conversion project". To each his own. A while ago folks here gave mad kudos to some guy who converted a brand new 3.8RS to look like a Cup RSR. The OP's dedication is comparable here, but personally I would've called stop-loss a long time ago. It just doesn't compute for me.

those who update 997.1 to "look" like a 997.2 are those who also put ice in their fine scotch......

i used to think that those people who went out of their way to update tail lights and bumpers were the mustang/corvette folks..... i guess they are everywhere

What really surprises me is when you see the GT3 crowd doing it. I can kinda understand the carrera and turbo folks, heck, I have seen GT3 decals on plain carreras, but for the GT3 guys to also be doing it?? come on folks.... Surely you cannot be that vain to think a .2 look is needed on a .1 to make a difference?

Anytime i see a .1 with .2 junk on it i cant help but think it was a dismantler special...
Old 05-06-2012, 12:46 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

The money would be better spent on a second set of 5 lug track wheels and a set of good tires.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
those who update 997.1 to "look" like a 997.2 are those who also put ice in their fine scotch......

i used to think that those people who went out of their way to update tail lights and bumpers were the mustang/corvette folks..... i guess they are everywhere

What really surprises me is when you see the GT3 crowd doing it. I can kinda understand the carrera and turbo folks, heck, I have seen GT3 decals on plain carreras, but for the GT3 guys to also be doing it?? come on folks.... Surely you cannot be that vain to think a .2 look is needed on a .1 to make a difference?

Anytime i see a .1 with .2 junk on it i cant help but think it was a dismantler special...
Why all the hate?

It's just a car. If they want to do it, so be it. Why get so pissy about something that doesn't affect you one way or another? If they want CLs, who are we to deny them that?

Aren't there better things to bitch about?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:03 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I think he's just trying to steer the op from going down an expensive overcomplicated road. I personally think he/she would be disappointed with the conversion after spending the money.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DD, there was nothing in that post that pointed to the OP's post from two years ago, just some vitriol about bumpers, updates etc. and how he looked down on those owners and cars.

Quite unnecessary in my opinion.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:31 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
Why all the hate?

It's just a car. If they want to do it, so be it. Why get so pissy about something that doesn't affect you one way or another? If they want CLs, who are we to deny them that?

Aren't there better things to bitch about?

just trying to steer them in the right direction....

id say the bitchin' comes from restoring cars back to original over the years and having to deal with the extra unnessesary work to erase past owners "custom" creations... not to mention dealing with these type of owners in the resale business who think their cars are worth way more with all the garbage installed on em' only to learn that they messed it up....

can lead a horse to water but cant make him drink i suppose

Quick Reply: GT3 center lock conversion