Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Any other roll bar options other than GMG

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

yes, colin cantrell is good. never met him but saw his work on pete's car (goofball and a bunch of porsches). i think they also just did a roll bar for ex10psi.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Glock Guru
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to hear GMG's side of the story. I understand bad service is bad service but sometimes there are other factors.

-Troy
Old 05-02-2010, 10:31 AM
atleung
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more vote for the DAS Sport bar for reasons stated already. But I was pleasantly surprised that my rear view is not further obstructed. The wing already makes seeing through the rear difficult. I had my bar painted red and guides for the belts welded on.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

if anybody ever plans to resale their GT3 a clubsport bar is the best route to go.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:50 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GMG got back to me and promised a reply on Monday. It takes a lot to upset me...I know that my order is small...but I was patient for quite a while.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:03 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

GMG are probably too busy winning races! LOL.

seriously though, GMG make fantastic stuff and worth the wait. I wouldnt be too troubled by this.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
GMG got back to me and promised a reply on Monday. It takes a lot to upset me...I know that my order is small...but I was patient for quite a while.
GMG do make some good product, but their "customer service" does lack a little focus at times ... I have had similar experiences with them in the past
where you expect a little more "responsiveness" for an item that is not
cheap ...

I put up with it since their product is so good.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:25 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My customer service experience with GMG was also underwhelming. In fact it was dreadful. I alluded to this in my install post, but tried to be gentle as I thought by some bizzare circumstance I was the only one to have so damn many problems

Did it all eventually get sorted out? After many calls and emails, yes. Did I eventually get a bar that fit? Yes. Was it a hell of a challenge over many weeks, you bet. Was I promised multiple things that did not get followed up on? Yes.

Furthermore, while the bar appears to be strong, the mount points for the drivers side shoulder harnesses are not properly located and I wound up attaching both harnesses to one of the eyelet mount bolts so as to achieve a straight pull for both harnesses. Otherwise the pull is lopsided. This kind of design error is to me unforgivable and embarassing.

Sorry, but given what I know now I simply cannot recommend people ordering from GMG. Can't think of any other situation that was even close to this bad. And you can look at my posts and see nearly all are postive in what i have to say about the people I worked with.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy
My customer service experience with GMG was also underwhelming. In fact it was dreadful. I alluded to this in my install post, but tried to be gentle as I thought by some bizzare circumstance I was the only one to have so damn many problems

Did it all eventually get sorted out? After many calls and emails, yes. Did I eventually get a bar that fit? Yes. Was it a hell of a challenge over many weeks, you bet. Was I promised multiple things that did not get followed up on? Yes.

Furthermore, while the bar appears to be strong, the mount points for the drivers side shoulder harnesses are not properly located and I wound up attaching both harnesses to one of the eyelet mount bolts so as to achieve a straight pull for both harnesses. Otherwise the pull is lopsided. This kind of design error is to me unforgivable and embarassing.

Sorry, but given what I know now I simply cannot recommend people ordering from GMG. Can't think of any other situation that was even close to this bad. And you can look at my posts and see nearly all are postive in what i have to say about the people I worked with.
Did they supply you with bolts etc to attach the factory 3pt to the tabs on the bar above.behind the recepticles for the lap belt eyebolts?

just curious ...
Old 05-03-2010, 01:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Well I know where my bar will come from
Old 05-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I believe the RSS bar is a good alternative to the GMG WC-GT bar...
Old 05-03-2010, 01:53 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Did they supply you with bolts etc to attach the factory 3pt to the tabs on the bar above.behind the recepticles for the lap belt eyebolts?

just curious ...
Larry,

The OE belts bolted right up with no problems. There is a tab on bottom front leg to attach.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy
Larry,

The OE belts bolted right up with no problems. There is a tab on bottom front leg to attach.
I know, of course you need a bolt in order to do this, my question was did they provide you with such h/w, they didn't on mine!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:21 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I know, of course you need a bolt in order to do this, my question was did they provide you with such h/w, they didn't on mine!
Ah- sorry for misunderstanding. Yes, the bolt WAS there. Lol. Look like at least one problem that I didn't have to deal with...thanks Larry!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fabryce called me to take responsibility and apologize. Nothing on purpose or malicious on their part. Growing pains....which is the impression that i got. With 15% unemployment...it’s a good time to look for a eager race fan to help them out with sales!

Karl

Quick Reply: Any other roll bar options other than GMG