Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

O.T : porsche travel club/ european delivery??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts
Default O.T : porsche travel club/ european delivery??

I assume a number of rennlisters have done the european delivery and perhaps even just the porsche travel club in a rented porsche from the factory.

Looking for any feedback as i may decide to purchase a porsche to do the euro delivery in order to tour europe for a 2-4 weeks.

I have also considered the porsche rental to tour europe for 2-4 weeks.

pros-cons of either?

alternative rental car or tour?

thanks to anybody with experience on this.

Last edited by tcsracing1; 04-26-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,454 Likes on 2,258 Posts

I would totally recommend Euro delivery (despite having to pay for it)

I did this on my '07 GT3 and if I had been able to find a build allocation for an '11 I would have done it again.

This is why:

1) you get to spec your car as you want it, which is worth it for a 100k+ car

2) the factory tour is well worth a couple of hours of your time ...

3) the new museum is fantastic, plan a couple of hours there ...

and of course you get a couple of weeks vacation to drive around europe and perhaps visit
the Nordschleife and other tracks ... not too mention 185mph on the autobahn

DO IT!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:14 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Euro Delivery!!!

If you are going to build a car and keep it, what better way to start your relationship with that car?!?

There is soooo much to do over there to do starting with the factory and ending with things like the Nurburgring Norsdcheife and Spa, (with the autobahn in between). When you spend some time over there with the car you will understand why Porsche made such an effort to build such spectacular vehicles.

Make sure you take 2 weeks fot the trip. One week is not enough!!! You get 16 possible days with Euro Delivery so use as many as you can.

Besides, pretty good chance of getting Sabine out in the car with you at the Ring
Old 04-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,454 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Euro Delivery!!!

If you are going to build a car and keep it, what better way to start your relationship with that car?!?

There is soooo much to do over there to do starting with the factory and ending with things like the Nurburgring Norsdcheife and Spa, (with the autobahn in between). When you spend some time over there with the car you will understand why Porsche made such an effort to build such spectacular vehicles.

Make sure you take 2 weeks fot the trip. One week is not enough!!! You get 16 possible days with Euro Delivery so use as many as you can.

Besides, pretty good chance of getting Sabine out in the car with you at the Ring
+1 ... you can also request additional insurance coverage in addition to the 16 days if you request it in advance.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,958 Likes on 556 Posts

I drove my 08 gt3 around for 3 weeks. totally recommend it. getting to know your car on 7 dollar a gallon gasoline at 140mph on the autostrada in italy, the autobahn in germany, and the sketchy parking garages of western europe...

BEST VACATION EVER.

seriously.

search for threads from me, eclou, drug money, and larry cable as we've all done it. eclou even went down to st tropez. PARTY TIME. seriously. I can't wait to go again.

I've rented an audi to drive around over there before and it's just not the same.

the only downside is that you've got to wait for your car to get back to USA.

Quick Reply: O.T : porsche travel club/ european delivery??