Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Opening bid of 170k?

http://cars.vc/2010-porsche-911-gt3-rs/

With silver wheels...
Old 04-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,841 Likes on 955 Posts

The Cubbies have a better chance of winning the World Series....
Old 04-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

At that price the wheels had better be solid silver!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:10 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do you think that's happening?
some buyer bought it to flip? figured he'd pay msrp and try to make 2,3,20 over?? im pretty certain most dealers are being CRAZY tight with making sure these are not given to wholesalers, demanding taxes be paid.

or you think its the dealer direct flipping the car?
or flipping it thru the dealers' principals name (titling it an owners name and flipping?)

its crazy because i just dont see the market supporting anything above msrp. if i were these guys, i'd be seleling them because the 2,3 i looked at were all offered at just a smidge UNDER msrp.

if the car dealerships think they can jerry rig the markets like Goldman Sachs did, they might realize that goldman sachs did it because they have the smartest people in the world working for them (or so they say)....the car dealerships...not so much.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:20 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Well you never know, I think I remember the MKIRS spiking when it was clear the were all gone and no more coming..

I could be wrong, but I think only 220 MKIIRS coming to the sates, so ones they are gone, they are gone.
Even used ones might stick to MSRP for a while, so you might as well get it new at around MSRP, without any miles.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:05 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

typical move for this dealer.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Well you never know, I think I remember the MKIRS spiking when it was clear the were all gone and no more coming..

I could be wrong, but I think only 220 MKIIRS coming to the sates, so ones they are gone, they are gone.
Even used ones might stick to MSRP for a while, so you might as well get it new at around MSRP, without any miles.
Agreed. Once there's no prospect of getting an order filled and the dealers know they have no prospect of additional inventory, prices will strengthen. I have no clue as to what number or percentage will come into play, but anyone getting MSRP now surely can't be doing too badly. Paying anything over MSRP when there's already cars showing up here is probably indicative of tentative early buyers and the initial supply as the factory gets into gear.

Then again, Rennlist is only a very small sample of the whole new car market for Porsche. Some cashed-up buyer with no feel for the market could easily decide it's a stroke of the pen to the checkbook and no time to waste if they really want a white one with silver wheels (something I almost chose, but decided to get the red wheels simply because they'd be more expensive to get later if I changed my mind.)

Quick Reply: Opening bid of 170k?