Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Roll Bar for 2010 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 AM
brim
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RSS / Stuttgart Performance is the way I'm going. Great fabrication and a great looking bar. Call Mike over there.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
The bar bolts in.

In Germany the cars come with plates welded in that you bolt the bar to.
Here in the US the cards come without plates, so you have to weld those in first and then bolt in the bar.

A welded in bar is better and with this bar you are welding and still end up with a bolt in bar, but that is how they sell them in germany..

See pics:
Color me white with envy!

Why on Earth not do all the cars for all markets with the plates?!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rmag
DAS Sport Rollbar
First choice would be a local fabricator that does full cages all the time, knows the engineering and the rules ... and what works ... without making a mess of a new street car's cabin trim. www.tcdesign.com

I've used DAS products and been entirely happy with the quality, functionality, price and customer service.

https://www.dassport.com
Old 04-21-2010, 01:45 AM
tedean
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For a bolt in, i chose DAS

Some pics of the install.

http://www.tedean.com/Thomas_Dean/Roll_Bar_Install.html
Old 04-21-2010, 08:53 AM
mkozink
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tedean
Thanks for the install images. Nice job

There are numerous high quality bars to choose from but the DAS bar is what I ordered for my 2007 GT3 RS.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:59 AM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
I would call Stable Energies. They are the US importer for the Safety Devices Cage. I have pasted a link below for what you want. Both the Diagonal and the harness bar can be unbolted and removed (very useful feature). It comes in a flat black and if you don't put the stickers on the bar (don't) and you cover the screws / bolts with the black caps that they use, it is the best looking (better than OE) and can actually "disappear" with diagonal / harness bars removed - use black 6 pt harnesses that connect to welded in eye rings and all belts can be easily and quickly removed for a stock look. The cage is the real deal and can be expanded with front sections should you ever want to do so in the future.

Like the factory bar, it attaches to welded in plates - the bar is then bolted to the plates - I believe this bar is 1/3rd the cost of the Porsche OE Bar - if you live in NA, you have to have plates welded in as the car is delivered without these plates.

To me, the obvious biggest advantage of this bar versus OE, is that you can retain use of "the back seat space" as the harness bar portion can be quickly unbolted and removed.

http://www.stableenergies.com/Roll-B...info/SD-P26RR/
This looks like an awesome option. 2 questions:

- With the bar in, can you seats go all the way back?
- It seems like it has far less support than other bars, as it only has 1 cross-member. (Comments. Not a question)
Old 04-21-2010, 09:46 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sws1
This looks like an awesome option. 2 questions:

- With the bar in, can you seats go all the way back?
- It seems like it has far less support than other bars, as it only has 1 cross-member. (Comments. Not a question)
Yes, seats can go all the way back and there is still room.

When you see the quality of the product, the diameter of the pipes and the thickness of the steel used, you will not think the product is under engineered in any way.

pm sent with pictures
Old 04-21-2010, 11:20 AM
pvgolfer
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
The 996 Techequipe bars fits fine. It is all bolt-in with no drilling. I moved the stainless steel Techequipe rollbar from my 996 Carrera to my 997.2 GT3. Install is a little more challenging as you have to do more to install in the GT3. First, you have to remove the rear carpet. Then you have to scrape off the sealer that covers the rear seat belt holes. Then pull the plugs out of the holes. Cut holes in the carpet for the bolts and reinstall. I bought new hardware when we installed it. The only real difficulty with the Techequipe is getting one. Porsche corporate in their infinite wisdom decided to no longer allow US dealers to order them as parts anymore. Hence, the only way to get them now is used. They are allowing you to still buy replacement hardware.
I have a Tequipment bar in like-new condition that I will be selling. Will fit 996/997. Part numbers listed on it are 996.580.981.00 and 996.701.980.01. PM me if interested.

Quick Reply: Roll Bar for 2010 GT3