Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Has anyone Ordered there MK2 RS in a Different color other than Grey, Blue, White??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
RS_dreams
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first post. This thread is relevant to me because I am hoping for Sport Classic Gray PTS and $ 13,000 may be more than I am willing to spend for PTS. Plus, I do want the black GT3 wheels, too, so there's another $ 3,395. Ouch. Part of me wonders if they will ***** out Sport Classic Gray...but I don't want to jack this thread...unless it's run it's course for the original post?

I have a August build for 2011 GT3 RS.

Cheers!

RS_dreams
Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,618 Likes on 2,350 Posts

Originally Posted by RS_dreams
My first post. This thread is relevant to me because I am hoping for Sport Classic Gray PTS and $ 13,000 may be more than I am willing to spend for PTS. Plus, I do want the black GT3 wheels, too, so there's another $ 3,395. Ouch. Part of me wonders if they will ***** out Sport Classic Gray...but I don't want to jack this thread...unless it's run it's course for the original post?

Cheers!

RS_dreams
I thought I had read somewhere (oh NSA/CIA quality human intelligence) that Porsche were withholding any/all Sports Classic "options" back from general availability, at least for some time ... but carnewal I think already has access to such parts ... so who knows about PTS ... you can only ask!

good luck
Old 04-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMS
You're wrong. $5500 + $7500 = $13,000 if you want PTS plus mirrors, wheels, front intake and wing plates painted anything but red or gold. I am a little pissed right now because I ordered black wheels, thinking they would be no more than the GT3 ($1630) or the previous RS ($2160) but they just sent me a new Pro Forma showing the black wheels at $3395, plus a bump in option CLA from $1105 to $1295, CMN from $1010 to $1195 and the FREE floor mats are now $90. Oh, and it included the notification: "NO CHANGES ARE POSSIBLE". I am so done with those Bas*ards.

p.s. This was a 2010 order that they bumped to 2011 with a $2700 increase in base price... making the car $4400 more than the original order!
I'd leave them unpainted and use the money on some GMG wheels. Looks better anyway IMO.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,618 Likes on 2,350 Posts

agreed those new GMG wheels are SWEET!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:48 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You're wrong. $5500 + $7500 = $13,000 if you want PTS plus mirrors, wheels, front intake and wing plates painted anything but red or gold. I am a little pissed right now because I ordered black wheels, thinking they would be no more than the GT3 ($1630) or the previous RS ($2160) but they just sent me a new Pro Forma showing the black wheels at $3395, plus a bump in option CLA from $1105 to $1295, CMN from $1010 to $1195 and the FREE floor mats are now $90. Oh, and it included the notification: "NO CHANGES ARE POSSIBLE". I am so done with those Bas*ards.

p.s. This was a 2010 order that they bumped to 2011 with a $2700 increase in base price... making the car $4400 more than the original order!
Holy moly! Well, two thoughts: one, you're ordering an outstanding example! and two, I think you have a rock solid case for PCNA to adjust your price because you've not contributed to the escalation and they've given you no recourse or opportunity to consent to price consequences.

As for "no changes" I'm afraid the days of getting someone on the phone are long gone -- it seems that the factory process no longer has the facility of human intervention beyond a certain point. Not that I miss the 993 production days (though I wish I could still order a 993 today ... forget this water-bucket technology!)
Old 04-17-2010, 03:12 AM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

^ You were much smarter with your spec.

Doesn't it seem odd to be told the option prices, AFTER the car locks down? No opportunity to reject any of the new 'gouges' (or any other options) to bring the price back in line. Notice how the DZH order sheet was also devoid of pricing? Sort of like going out for dinner and having no prices on the menu. I was dumb enough to do that once, too, and ended up paying $80 for a lobster salad! It did seem strange to me that the DZH order sheet did not disclose prices for any of the customization options but contained this warning: Important: Once the request is approved for a vehicle, all options on the order will be locked (no further changes possible)!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:18 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^ You were much smarter with your spec.

Doesn't it seem odd to be told the option prices, AFTER the car locks down? No opportunity to reject any of the new 'gouges' (or any other options) to bring the price back in line. Notice how the DZH order sheet was also devoid of pricing? Sort of like going out for dinner and having no prices on the menu. I was dumb enough to do that once, too, and ended up paying $80 for a lobster salad! It did seem strange to me that the DZH order sheet did not disclose prices for any of the customization options but contained this warning: Important: Once the request is approved for a vehicle, all options on the order will be locked (no further changes possible)!
I don't know how smart I was. I got a "borrowed ladder" to get a car early and I took the favor with much gratitude to Colm. Simple as that. I knew I wanted ceramics because I'd had them and then I ordered a car without them and lamented not having them every time I was at the track and certainly wasn't happy replacing the blued and grooved rotors (which had ample life left, but didn't look too good to a basically new car buyer...) So there's $9K up in a puff of brake dust. That reminds me, I have some .1 GT3 steel rotors in 90% condition I need to sell to finance my "habit"!

Other than that, I did teeter on the brink of going "the whole hog" and getting full leather and a carbon rear console, carbon sills, carbon shifter and e-brake lever, etc., but I decided to go "lightweight" and chose the Li-Ion battery and lightweight headlights (especially because I detest the chrome plastic pimple of the HID lights and night driving a 450hp RS voids my life insurance policy ... : )

I have to say, having driven it on the street today, the car is so rewarding, I don't have any judgement or regrets about the thing. I'm happy with the white, it's easy to remove the wing and drive it "stealth" (as stealth gets in a new wide body Porsche 911 that sounds as loud as a nearby volcano eruption ... : )

If you're 100% happy with the car you've ordered, I can only counsel not letting the absurdity of the price deter you or distract you from enjoying the car.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:49 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,693 Likes on 2,340 Posts

interesting. so not only base price is up, all option cost goes up too!
well, when car gets here, you will calm down
Old 04-17-2010, 09:23 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No reason to do that. Just order Aqua ($0) with stripe delete ($0) and Silver wheels ($0) and do #2, #3 and #4 in body color. You will then have a complete de-posered RS for less than the cost of even getting Gray-Black.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:47 PM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RS_dreams

Cheers!

RS_dreams
Linen grey, non-metallic, may be close to the Sport Classic Grey. And the $13k would include wheels in black.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:10 PM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carrering
2011 RS is the extra-light version. they wanted to make sure our wallet was lighter too. thanks porsche!
p.s. i just noticed the bump on CLA. that was sneaky. my mats still show $0 on pro-forma.

Quick Reply: Has anyone Ordered there MK2 RS in a Different color other than Grey, Blue, White??