Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Will a .2 RS airbox fit a .2 GT3 I Wonder...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,627 Likes on 2,355 Posts
Default Will a .2 RS airbox fit a .2 GT3 I Wonder...

Having superficially looked at the RS airbox etc, I wonder if it would be possible
to replace the parts on the underside of the GT3 decklid and install an RS
airbox to increase airflow to the engine?

While it would probably not achieve the same HP increase alone, it might be a nice modification for the GT3 ...

thoughts anyone?

Anyone got PET for the RS/GT3 that could checkout the parts BOM?
Old 04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

Getting it to fit is one thing but to make best use of the increased airflow you'll need an ECU remap too. I think that'll be the tricky part with so few cars in circulation and relatively limited aftermarket tuning knowledge at this point.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,627 Likes on 2,355 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Getting it to fit is one thing but to make best use of the increased airflow you'll need an ECU remap too. I think that'll be the tricky part with so few cars in circulation and relatively limited aftermarket tuning knowledge at this point.
Good point, but worth investigating I think ... Sharkwerks ... calling Alex @ Sharkwerks???
Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes call Alex. Very good man to call when you have an issue like this. And if you haven't yet you should pick up a bypass muffler from them with an ECU remap. That's if you want to keep it on the cheaper side

By the way have you went to a LWFW (Light-Weight Flywheel) yet?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:51 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Hehe already played with that:P So physically yes it will.. it's the same dimensions etc... and the extra inlet is "nice". However, the decklid would need to be carved open to feed that extra inlet. So.... I think it's a "pass" for most people though. The new decklid also has a much larger scoop and ram-air effect.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
You don't need a remap to get it to work. As long as it actually does increase airflow, the MAF will increase fuel accordingly. There should be plenty of room in the stock maps for the 3% or less benefit. The RS lid is substantually different from the regular GT3 lid. In fact, if you examine the regular GT3 lid carefully it appears to be identical to the 997.1 RS lid. This lid does not have the dual inlets from the 997.2 RS lid, so even if you swap the airbox I do not see how in the end you will get any benefit without also change out the lid.

Quick Reply: Will a .2 RS airbox fit a .2 GT3 I Wonder...