best racing harness belts for 2010 RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Fred TTX50
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best racing harness belts for 2010 RS

Hi everyone.

I'm getting a Roll Cage installed by Sharkwerks next week and I think I want to get some Red 5pt Harness belts as my interior has the red stitching and red belts.

Besides Schroth, any other brands I might look into?

Thank you for the help.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:33 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Schroth, all day long in a RS.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:18 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,764 Likes on 2,361 Posts

try 6pt harness, it's better.
schroth red is it.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:26 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I imagine Fred meant six point. Nobody likes looking at those photos of the driver with the "distended ********" trauma ... aargh!

Does Porsche use Schroth or Stand 21 or OMP? I need to go to my parts warehouse and check ... I could have sworn I had Porsche harnesses from Stand 21, but they don't seem to exist (!) so I guess it's OMP.

I'm pretty sure I have some Sparco and Sabelts that are close to, or already out of date ... maybe these vendors need to offer a refurb program to replace the webbing and re-use the hardware rather than use the arbitrary rules of the competition sanctioning bodies to force amateur racers to update?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:37 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Fred,

Check out Schroth. They make a 6 point that is GT3 specific. The red belts would look nice.

http://www.schrothracing.com/store/C...rofi/profi-II/
Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 AM
CorrosionInhibitor
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Fred,

The one and only

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm

I originally had 2 X red schroth 6 pointers in my Mark.1 RS but changed them out for Black ones to match seat belts and the red clashed with the other colours. To me the Black looks cleaner..thats my 2p`s worth
Old 04-13-2010, 03:51 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I imagine Fred meant six point. Nobody likes looking at those photos of the driver with the "distended ********" trauma ... aargh!

Does Porsche use Schroth or Stand 21 or OMP? I need to go to my parts warehouse and check ... I could have sworn I had Porsche harnesses from Stand 21, but they don't seem to exist (!) so I guess it's OMP.

I'm pretty sure I have some Sparco and Sabelts that are close to, or already out of date ... maybe these vendors need to offer a refurb program to replace the webbing and re-use the hardware rather than use the arbitrary rules of the competition sanctioning bodies to force amateur racers to update?
Yeah, but what are the real savings, when you consider time to pull everything apart, shipping back and forth, time down, etc. etc. Look at Schroth retail, and even though I didn't have to pay that for the replacements for the Radical last year, it's just not that big of a deal.

Now, like you I have the pet peeve about the "arbitrary" replacement. On the other side of the argument, SUPPOSEDLY the nylon webbing loses 80% of its strength after about two years, from both age and exposure. It's out there on one of the manufacturer's data sheets, but I can't think of which one for the moment. (I think it was wrapped into a discussion somewhere on the fake SFI/Impact decertification chatter a couple of weeks ago.)

(I sure seem to be coming over here a lot lately, in trying to talk someone who has no business buying an '07 GT3 out of one.)
Old 04-13-2010, 04:54 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Yeah, but what are the real savings, when you consider time to pull everything apart, shipping back and forth, time down, etc. etc. Look at Schroth retail, and even though I didn't have to pay that for the replacements for the Radical last year, it's just not that big of a deal.

Now, like you I have the pet peeve about the "arbitrary" replacement. On the other side of the argument, SUPPOSEDLY the nylon webbing loses 80% of its strength after about two years, from both age and exposure. It's out there on one of the manufacturer's data sheets, but I can't think of which one for the moment. (I think it was wrapped into a discussion somewhere on the fake SFI/Impact decertification chatter a couple of weeks ago.)

(I sure seem to be coming over here a lot lately, in trying to talk someone who has no business buying an '07 GT3 out of one.)
Whether it's O3 or Ozone or UV or whatever, hell, just spray the belts with SPF90 (we'll all be using it before too long ... it's snowing in California in Spring for Pete's sake!) ... one way or another, if Apple can ship the iPad through five cities from China to the USA and make a profit, the race harness companies can figure out how to put new nylon together cheaper than just throwing everything into the land fill waste dump that's making that UV problem I was mentioning ...
Old 04-13-2010, 08:08 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Schroth, who makes belts for just about everyone else. Avoid the GT3 versions as they don't have the 3/2" Hans device version. OG tends to have some deals on 1 year old Sparcos (made by Schroth I understand).
Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 AM
CorrosionInhibitor
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RonCT
Schroth, who makes belts for just about everyone else. Avoid the GT3 versions as they don't have the 3/2" Hans device version. OG tends to have some deals on 1 year old Sparcos (made by Schroth I understand).
LIKE SO

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motors...e/1755/31/1164
Old 04-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the 6 point HANS compliant Schroths in red.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I just bought a pair of the Schroth GT3s in black, from HMS...@ $460 each...best price I could find.
Schroth does not re-web...I checked w/ the factory.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 774 Posts

I have red 6 point schroth, Hans ready driver side, regular passenger side.
Same as in my last car, everytime I get in a students car that has other belts, I liked my Schroths better.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:19 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,764 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Whether it's O3 or Ozone or UV or whatever, hell, just spray the belts with SPF90 (we'll all be using it before too long ... it's snowing in California in Spring for Pete's sake!) ... one way or another, if Apple can ship the iPad through five cities from China to the USA and make a profit, the race harness companies can figure out how to put new nylon together cheaper than just throwing everything into the land fill waste dump that's making that UV problem I was mentioning ...
sorry, not until mr. jobs starts to work at schroth. here we go an visionary. maybe he should run for pres.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

6pt and schroth

Quick Reply: best racing harness belts for 2010 RS