2010 RS Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a bummer that they don't include a track alignment in the new manual. That what I used last time and was well pleased. Made a difference in the handling, but not so aggressive that I ate up the street tires. I NEVER run tires on the track that I intend to run on the street...really bad ride once you blister them on the track.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 04-07-2010, 07:42 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Great discussion so far and thanks to all.... I would most likely drive the Factory setting 1st then if needed add slightly more NEGATIVE camber front and rear ( perhaps a degree more on the front) but it is still a guessing game for me as of now.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:02 PM
fun2k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here are my figures from my 2010 gt3:
*before = from factory

front camber (before -1.4)now -2.0
rear camber -1.4
front toe (before 0.08,0.01)now 0.03
rear toe (before 0.17,0.20)now 0.12
front stablilizer (before one from soft) now soft
rear stabilizer medium

Little intro from where i got the alignment and CB done(got recommended by a fellow member from another forum):
I got the alingment specs recommended by Alex Renner and corner balaced at his shop.I think his team is in the uae gt championship ,i dont follow these races but you can check his website for details ,they secured a couple of 1,2,3,4,and 5th places in last weeks race.

Anyways as i have mentioned many times before the car from factory didnt feel tight to me.infact it felt lazy in directional changes and i got mega understeer on low speed turns(a lot of push).although plus is that on high speed the car felt better planted or rather i would say more cofidence inspiring.

So after this alignment(dont really know if corner balance helped that much,didnt help my pocket though) this car is now Razer sharp on steering inputs.its now very easy to provoke the car into oversteer at slow speed(this is what scares me on high speed turns so im taking it slow atm) i guess i need to be very smooth with my steering inputs as some of you have suggested.actually ive already crossed the max speed on one corner(100km/h)
i used to take with the factory alignment.

The thing is on the higher speed corners 150+ im scared to go even near that now ,im always in the fear that the rear will step out any moment if i lift off slighly,thankgod it hasnt yet though
Now im learning the car slowly like starting from day one when i got the car(which took me atleast a month to really get used to the balance).

The most dangerous thing about this car is the fact that on the street if you go near the limit in a corner theres no backing off(feels that way to me) so if you go to fast into a corner,mid corner you want to slow down(lift off) your dead pooof!:

porsche factory alignment felt very safe at high speed cornering compared to now bcuz you could lift mid corner and still have some control of the rear comparatively speaking but it did come out to play unexpectedly one cold night.
i know porsche set it to have some safe understeer built in but come on everyone who buys this car knows what theyre getting intro otherwise they buy a carrera s or turbo.

so i guess what im trying to say is if youre buying this car for handling and i know you are then u need a an alignment.

To sum it up the car feels like a go kart but not as stiff.oh and its slightly less stable over big bumps now.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have the settings out of the manual for the 1st RS? The track alignment?

Quick Reply: 2010 RS Alignment