Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2011RS: To PCCB or Not

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 02:30 PM
E4VLL
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't spec them on my 997.2 RS and a big part of the reason was Porsche's approach to their warranty. I am buying my RS to track it and it will spend most of the time on-road on the way to, or coming home from, a track day. The constant horror stories on all the forums, and direct from people I know off-line, about PCCB longevity, negated warranty claims and high replacement costs all contributed to me deciding against them. The 997.2 uses the steels from the Cup car and everything I have read on them states they are amazing on/and off track. Which ever route you take, I cannot imagine someone being disappointed with their RS - what is frustrating is that Porsche have always been known as one of the best braking cars from stock; therefore, the development engineers should stick the best brakes on the RS as standard and leave it at that. If the PCCBs are best, make them standard, if they aren't don't make them an option. Last time I checked the GT3 was the weekend racer that was slightly less hardcore so that it could be a daily-driver, the RS was a road legal Cup love-child - stick the best track brakes on the RS as standard, end of debate.

All imho

Quick Reply: 2011RS: To PCCB or Not