enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

No cosmoline ?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:58 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CONGRATS!!!!! This is torture watching you guy's take delivery of these RS's lollll
Old 03-19-2010, 01:43 AM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply, completely, absolutely, utterly, totally all things brilliant about the RS. Many congratulations on what I think will be known as the greatest RS ever
Old 03-19-2010, 04:53 AM
Mikla
Advanced

A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 AM
masinari
Advanced

Default RS TOWER

LOVE THE GARAGE TOWER, WITH THE CONTRAST OF THE CLASSIC YELLOW EARLY BODY AND THE NEW CRAZY GREY RED WHEELS, FUNKY STICKER LATEST RS...

YOU DID WELL TO KEEP THE YELLOW ONE, TWO FANTASTIC BOOK ENDS.

I BET A 997.1 RS BLACK AND ORANGE LIKE MINE WOULD FIT BEAUTIFULLY IN THE MIDDLE IN A RS TOWER INSTALLATION ....AND OF COURSE ALL THE COLORS AND SHAPES OF THE RSs of ALL THE RS FRIENDS HERE.

I ALREADY FEEL THAT ALL OUR 997. 1 RS WE HAVE HERE ARE BECOMING A CLASSIC

CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR EXCELLENT AND BOLD CHOICE!.

MATT ASINARI

New York
Lakeville'Limerock CT
Old 03-19-2010, 07:51 AM
atleung
Instructor

I had hoped that the car would not have the factory clear film (stone guard) in front of the rear wheels, but it does. The decal is on top of the clear film. This complicates my plan for the getting the car wrapped with clear film.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:59 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by atleung
Oh, my first mod--clear side markers

i was wondering are the side markers the same as on the standard gt3? got a part number? I was going to order a set.

congratulations! the car looks stunning!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:21 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Lightbulb Nice!

Grass-fed vs Corn-fed. If you know beef, the former is a little tougher!

Old 03-19-2010, 09:23 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by enthusiast
No cosmoline ?
I don't think any of the GT3's do, that's why the rust protection is 2 years instead of 10. Some GT3 owners will have to verify but none on the RS'.
I'll have to figure the best solution to getting the salt "spots" off the aluminum surfaces, and the exhaust fasteners will need some attention too but most of the cad plated stuff will be fine.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:37 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Stunning! Porsche hasn't lost its edge... shots of the two cars together are really neat. Decades apart, but the focus is still there.

The perfect day would begin with a two hour drive in the yellow car, followed by a two hour drive in the RS... or is it the other way around...

Please tell us more about the RSR posters in your garage?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:20 AM
atleung
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Stunning! Porsche hasn't lost its edge... shots of the two cars together are really neat. Decades apart, but the focus is still there.

The perfect day would begin with a two hour drive in the yellow car, followed by a two hour drive in the RS... or is it the other way around...

Please tell us more about the RSR posters in your garage?
Thanks. Agree. The weather is getting very nice. I may just have to do that this weekend.

Got the posters from eBay. It's from a guy from somewhere in Europe. I don't remember where exactly.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:37 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

Wow! Congrats, Al. Car looks stunning. Can't wait to see it in person!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,735 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by cscrogham
I don't think any of the GT3's do, that's why the rust protection is 2 years instead of 10. Some GT3 owners will have to verify but none on the RS'.
I'll have to figure the best solution to getting the salt "spots" off the aluminum surfaces, and the exhaust fasteners will need some attention too but most of the cad plated stuff will be fine.
I thought cosmoline was only for transport and that the reason for 2yr rust protection warranty is because GT3's have no undercoating, i.e. cosmoline and undercoating two different things. Am I wrong on this?

Interesting to see salt spots on the aluminum. Wonder where the car picked up salt in transport....
Old 03-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

I had hoped that the car would not have the factory clear film (stone guard) in front of the rear wheels, but it does. The decal is on top of the clear film. This complicates my plan for the getting the car wrapped with clear film.
I will just do mine with a full front, headlights, and mirrors. My installer said full wrap will cost 3 times more and even he said is not worth it.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:14 PM
tcracing
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscrogham

I thought cosmoline was only for transport and that the reason for 2yr rust protection warranty is because GT3's have no undercoating, i.e. cosmoline and undercoating two different things. Am I wrong on this?

Interesting to see salt spots on the aluminum. Wonder where the car picked up salt in transport....

Tico

Quick Reply: F I N A L L Y !!!