Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Just took delivery of a 2010 GT3, airbag warning light on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 06:22 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just took delivery of a 2010 GT3, airbag warning light on...

Greetings,

I just joined the family of this forum, and took delivery of a new 2010 Atlas Grey GT3 today.

The car arrived from dealer to my doorstep in a trailer, and it looked beautiful.

However, the airbag warning light on the dash was 'on' all the time when I drove the car today. Even I stopped the car, key out, waited, restarted the car -- the airbag light still came back on and wouldn't go away.

I guess that means a trip to the dealer to inspect/reset the light? Any inputs are welcome.

(Update: I also found something interesting to me -- My GT3 is supposed to have the Standard Sport Seats, as listed in the factory window sticker. However, I found that my car actually has the Adaptive Sport Seats (with all the power adjustments like side bolsters) but no memory buttons on the driver door. Is it normal?)

Many thanks,

Last edited by axhoaxho; 02-28-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:42 AM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes - the obvious response - go to the dealer.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:15 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
Greetings,

I just joined the family of this forum, and took delivery of a new 2010 Atlas Grey GT3 today.

The car arrived from dealer to my doorstep in a trailer, and it looked beautiful.

However, the airbag warning light on the dash was 'on' all the time when I drove the car today. Even I stopped the car, key out, waited, restarted the car -- the airbag light still came back on and wouldn't go away.

I guess that means a trip to the dealer to inspect/reset the light? Any inputs are welcome.

(Update: I also found something interesting to me -- My GT3 is supposed to have the Standard Sport Seats, as listed in the factory window sticker. However, I found that my car actually has the Adaptive Sport Seats (with all the power adjustments like side bolsters) but no memory buttons on the driver door. Is it normal?)

Many thanks,

Congrats on your car! We need more pics of that color.

The Adaptive Sport Seats came "free" from Porsche on countless .2 GT3s. They do not have the memory buttons but all of the other features of A.S.S. Some look at the seats as a benefit others as unnecessary added weight (47 lbs.). I think mine was one of the few that came without the freebies, lol.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:55 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

The light may be for the passenger seat? You might try adjusting the seat and sitting in it to see if you can clear the warning light before making a dealer visit

HTH
Old 02-28-2010, 05:34 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Congrats on your car! We need more pics of that color.

The Adaptive Sport Seats came "free" from Porsche on countless .2 GT3s. They do not have the memory buttons but all of the other features of A.S.S. Some look at the seats as a benefit others as unnecessary added weight (47 lbs.). I think mine was one of the few that came without the freebies, lol.
Thanks for the insight. I have been driving Porsche cars for over twenty years, and I have never experienced 'freebie' options from Porsche. I am happy about either way -- I had the Adaptive Sport Seat in my 997.1S and my wife liked it, yet I personally also like the simple standard seats that save weight.

And for the airbag warning light. Thanks to you folks for the suggestions to check the sensors under the seat. The warning light is the red logo (a person figure with a airbag) on the center of the dash under the speedometer. I tried to check around the sensor connections under both seats, yet the warning light was still on. I guess I am heading to the dealer first thing Monday morning...

With best regards,
Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

If the seats have been out, or the weight sensor disconnected on the passenger side (change the seats, removal of them for anti-sub bar install, roll bar install, etc.) the airbag fault light will stay on until cleared. Its a 5 minute process at any Porsche dealership, or with Durametric software if you know somebody who has one.

I'd love to see photos of the car. I haven't seen one in Atlas yet and I'll bet its a killer.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:04 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just go in to the local dealer. They can take care of it in 5 minutes.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:13 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys, I will be at the dealer tomorrow morning, hopefully is just a 5 minutes reset as you folks advised. Tomorrow I also have an apointment at Premier to have the Clear Bra installed. It will be a busy day.

When all is done, I will take some pictures to share. The Atlas Grey is an interesting color -- it is black at night, dark grey at day time, medium grey under bright light, and a hint of blue in a flash.

With best regards,
Old 03-01-2010, 12:23 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

i remember you PM'd me when you were looking at .1GT3 before you got your current 997S a while back.
atlas gray is rare and a very beautiful color.
where did you find the car?
i may just have to go visit premier and test drive.....erh.. .admire your car.
but leave you key with sam heehee....
Old 03-01-2010, 01:21 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

i remember you PM'd me when you were looking at .1GT3 before you got your current 997S a while back.
atlas gray is rare and a very beautiful color.
where did you find the car?
i may just have to go visit premier and test drive.....erh.. .admire your car.
but leave you key with sam heehee....
Thanks. We found the car at Beverly Hills Porsche (I think the car actaully was located at one of its local affiliated dealers.)

Our salesperson is Rick, he is straightforward and efficient. Once the paperwork was done, he arranged the car to arrive in less than a day.

Regards,
Old 03-01-2010, 03:37 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Atlas Grey rules Congrats!

About the airbag warning light: it may be that the passenger airbag is de-activated, as needs to be done when using a child seat for example. I cannot remember where is the switch, probably on the right side of the dashboard when you open the passenger door. You can re-activate it immediately with your key if needed.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Update: I went to my local dealer this morning. Turned out the airbag warning light was due to a previous low voltage battery signal. Probably my car was sitting at the dealer (the one that I bought the car from) waiting for a buyer, and the battery went low. When I bought the car, they probably charged the battery and forgot to clear the airbag warning light.

My local dealer cleared the airbag warning light, like you folks advised, within minutes. And I was good to go. Thank you folks, again, for your valuable inputs. Rennlist is really a great place for us Porsche guys.

(Another big thanks to Gunter, Service Manager, at Porsche of Fremont. He had his tech took care of my car this morning immediately. For many years, Gunter has been taking great care of all my Porsche cars. Even there are other dealers that are closer to where I live, I still prefer to drive 40 miles round trip to go to Gunter for services.)

Thanks again!

With best regards,

Last edited by axhoaxho; 03-01-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Just took delivery of a 2010 GT3, airbag warning light on...