997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New option for 2010 RS...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010 | 12:05 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Having a hard time understanding why one would spend $610 just for different looking tail lamps so the guy behind you trying to catch up can see clear vs. red...
Old 01-28-2010 | 12:17 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

$610....they should be wearing a ski mask charging that!
Old 01-28-2010 | 06:05 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

the paint used to make the sport bucket seat belt passage black is more expensive than the clear plastic used to make the lenses. i think its a bargain! ugly yes…but a bargain compared to other options on this car.
Old 01-28-2010 | 07:54 AM
ands8
Track Day

Originally Posted by mooty
if it cost money and doesnt make it go faster or lighter, it's ugly to me.
This is by far the only way to spec an RS.

We buy an RS for the way it handles, grips to the road, feedback etc.

The only options we need & the first on the list for all of us should be:

PCCBs & Lightweight bucket seats.

The LWBS are 1cm lower & consequently lowers the centre of gravity, thus improving handling. The PCCBs reduce unsprung weight, again improving the handling.

If I was in the US & couldnt spec the LWBS, I would leave out all the other options & put the money towards purchasing these separately.

Then we have an RS ..
Old 01-28-2010 | 11:01 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

PCCB are too expensive and cost a small fortune to replace, you don't know mooty do you ?

Originally Posted by ands8

The LWBS are 1cm lower & consequently lowers the centre of gravity, thus improving handling. The PCCBs reduce unsprung weight, again improving the handling.

If I was in the US & couldnt spec the LWBS, I would leave out all the other options & put the money towards purchasing these separately.

Then we have an RS ..
Old 01-28-2010 | 11:06 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

In Canada the lightweight buckets are standard equipment, and in the USA too.

I suggest you do a thorough search on PCCBs if you intend to track a GT3 or RS. The guys with experience do not order PCCBs, those that did end up switching to conventional rotors like the ones on the race cars.

Then we have an RS ..
Old 01-28-2010 | 11:11 PM
JAMS
Pro

Hmmm... 1 cm lower seat lowers CG and improves handling? Let me go out on a limb and say that dropping your butt one cm will have an infinitesimal affect on CG and an imperceptible affect on handling, (unless you have one very large butt, in which case you will not fit in a GT3)... Get real man, IT'S A STREET CAR!
Old 01-29-2010 | 02:25 AM
shine
Advanced

What about the lightweight battery?
Old 01-29-2010 | 07:29 AM
ands8
Track Day

The 2010 RS is set up for the Nurburgring & thats where most europeans will be driving theres. Thats not silly me saying that, its Andreas Preuninger at the Silverstone event in the UK. So for us the RS is more a track car than a road car.

He also mentioned that the LWBS are 1 cm lower and offer a better driving position, handling etc as mentioned above.

I agree that most track drivers prefer the steels to the PCCBs but this is because of the cost of replacement. If the PCCBs were priced the same as steels, they would be the prefered choice on track. Im not interested in price, I simply want the best driving experience possible & for that Ill be needing LWBS & PCCBs.

I didnt mention Canada, only the US. According to the PCNA web site and a recent US order guide, only the standard sport buckets are shown. if this isnt correct, then Im pleased that you can now order them.
Old 01-29-2010 | 08:42 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

I agree that most track drivers prefer the steels to the PCCBs but this is because of the cost of replacement. If the PCCBs were priced the same as steels, they would be the prefered choice on track. Im not interested in price, I simply want the best driving experience possible & for that Ill be needing LWBS & PCCBs.
I wouldn't even bet my shirt on that.
Old 01-29-2010 | 08:45 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Compare the "out lap" times of the PCCB against steel...its not even close! I love 'em on the track. YMHO

Last edited by texasviany; 01-29-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: New option for 2010 RS...