NEED ADVICE ON FAIR VALUE OF 2010 GT3>>

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:28 PM
MGW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED ADVICE ON FAIR VALUE OF 2010 GT3>>

hey guys,

as some may have seen i just recently bought a 2010 gt3 red black car with black graphics good options...

pdem
lift system
sport chrono
"free" adaptive seats lol
fire extinguisher
speed film
gt3 graphics

car has 1500 miles and is perfect NEVER tracked ( yet) my intention is to track it if i keep it.

BUT...

my company makes shifters for sports car and currently i need to get a 2010 gt500 shelby in house and a dodge challenger to design a shifter and really am contemplating letting my porsche go as our budget is tight right now.

the car listed for 120,950 plus speed film and graphics blah blah and free adpative seats.

what is a good trade in value to expect.

i am getting numbers allllll over hte place and am jsut worried that i am getting bs or numbers flopping. i flip cars alot due to my buisness but i honestly thought the gt3 was a strong market car. apparently not deaelrs are telling me there are HUGE discounts on them now???

thanks guys

george
Attached Images      
Old 01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

love it but wouldnt pay over $100k for it retail. what would your dealer give you for taking it back?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
MartyB
Racer

Doesn't surprise me that dealers would tell you there are HUGE discounts on 3's when you are trying to sell one back and tell you the market is strong and inventory very limited when you are trying to buy one. I'd say the truth is probably closer to their not being enough buyers willing to spend 6 figures on a car right now, resulting in meaningful discounts, especially on high option cars.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 138 Posts

The biggest discount I know off was 5% off msrp on a car that was sitting on the lot over 3 months which did not really have the "right" options..
Old 01-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

I'd like to know who these dealers are that are giving huge discounts...

it has to be said; there are something like 70 odd cars sitting on dealer lots across the US as of now ... that's nearly 15% of the total produced AFIAK ... so there is a bit of inventory around ... most of it
dealer specced cars (read lots of options) white, black, silver, gray etc ... very few colored cars/low options

I still see a lot of dealers looking for over MSRP ... and damn few willing to discount ...

I'd expect at least 10% off MSRP as a selling price for such a car ... and since dealers like a profit on resale expect them to probably want around 10% below that ... that would put it around 100-98k or so for a
dealer ask would be my guess ...
Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 PM
brim
Rennlist Member

I just picked up a used 2010 with 400 miles on it from a dealer at over $20k off MSRP. Better believe they had some money in it, so they probably brought it in at $25-26k off MSRP. I didn't see dealers willing to budge much on MSRP, but a used car is a used car. Remember the saying about driving a new car off the lot. HTH
Old 01-26-2010, 08:40 PM
NJcroc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you that wholesale in the northeast is around 100k for a 120k msrp car. There is a decent number for sale on dealers floors still, while I dont think 10% off a new one is common high single digits is not hard to find at most stores.

This will change a bit as the weather warms up and the cars are sold and not replaced by the factory.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd keep it if you can. It's not worth the hit you're going to have to take to get rid of it. If you need the liquid cash, maybe consider financing it? Or financing the other cars?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:47 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

'10 GT3 production might be done for with the '10 GT2RS production starting in September.
'11's will depend on the 998 date release I suppose.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:03 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
love it but wouldnt pay over $100k for it retail. what would your dealer give you for taking it back?
There cheapest one in the country used is $115K. If you want one for $100K you are going to have to want for a lot more miles or for someone to wreck one.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
I'd keep it if you can. It's not worth the hit you're going to have to take to get rid of it. If you need the liquid cash, maybe consider financing it? Or financing the other cars?
I agree -

Stomaching the 20k loss right now - doesn't seem like the right play . . .I would also do some financing if at all possible
Old 01-27-2010, 02:34 AM
brim
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
There cheapest one in the country used is $115K. If you want one for $100K you are going to have to want for a lot more miles or for someone to wreck one.
I agree for retail sale, but not for a dealer trade, which is what I thought we were talking about here.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brim
I agree for retail sale, but not for a dealer trade, which is what I thought we were talking about here.
Dealers are always giong to try to push the buy price down so they can make money. Considering that he isn't lookign to trade for another Porsche, there is no advantage going to a dealer. He would be better off putting it in the Autotrader or on ebay.

I don't understand the reason to sell it? It doesn't make sense if it is just to design shifters for 2 other cars. He could just buy the OEM shifters and mock-up based on their dimensions. Then offer to give shifters for free to a couple of people who are willing on loaning their cars. B&M and Hurst don't buy every car they make a ****er for, so why would anyone else?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 PM
MGW
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Dealers are always giong to try to push the buy price down so they can make money. Considering that he isn't lookign to trade for another Porsche, there is no advantage going to a dealer. He would be better off putting it in the Autotrader or on ebay.

I don't understand the reason to sell it? It doesn't make sense if it is just to design shifters for 2 other cars. He could just buy the OEM shifters and mock-up based on their dimensions. Then offer to give shifters for free to a couple of people who are willing on loaning their cars. B&M and Hurst don't buy every car they make a ****er for, so why would anyone else?
because my copmany makes the BESt hsort throw shifters in the business.

i can mock it up and get the basic design but i ALWAYS endurance and track test my shifters to make sure they do not have NVH or any weaknesses that may show up down the road. its an expensive way but the only right way to engineer the product.

i will keep the car i dont HAVE to sell it i just figured it would easier right now ...i htought the market was stronger o these cars but apparently ALL specialty sports cars are on their butts so its really not a reflection of the gt3 .

george

Quick Reply: NEED ADVICE ON FAIR VALUE OF 2010 GT3>>