Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Daily Driver - Advice Needed from Fellow GT3 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by CorsicanBB
Am now leaning towards a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged. Tried it the other day, it is awesome!! Great power, quite agile for a 5,000-pound beast, very smooth and comfortable. Has 24,000 km and comes with the remainder of a 5-yr / 150,000 km warranty. Not bad!
Do yourself a favor and think twice before you jump. I've had two SCs and one non-SC. My first was one of the first ones in Vancouver when they came out in 06. Stunning trucks and the SCs handle unbelievable for a heavy truck but they spend half the time at the dealer getting warranty work. Totally unreliable. And on that note, I would stay away from most MBs and BMWs as well, especially if they are close to the end of warranty.

At this point, I will only buy Porsche and Audi until things change. For your budget, intended use (hwy, want saloon) and situation (cheap gas), I also highly recommend the RS4. They are rare, under your budget, very reliable, gobs of power with manual box, symphonic sound and yes, they are a little heavy at 3,900lbs but you can dial most of that out with $3k in suspension work.

GL with the search.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:44 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tim Kay
What's something like that cost?
About 60k$ in our market. People love these cars here, but I have heard that unreliability is an issue in some models. Half the people say "don't get it", half of them say "this is the best SUV you can get for your money".

I will ask around a bit more before I jump. Thanks for the advice, Louis.

Quick Reply: Daily Driver - Advice Needed from Fellow GT3 Owners