Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Thoughts on doing a GT3RS paint scheme on my 03 Boxster S....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 01:12 AM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Thoughts on doing a GT3RS paint scheme on my 03 Boxster S....

I really like the look of the GT3 RS paint scheme. Obviously they look perfectly in place on the GT3 or GT3 RS. I am wondering how this scheme would look on a Boxster. I would love to add either the green accents like this car below or Riviera Blue. I was thinking I would paint the wheels to match, and get the script along the side and possibly the mirrors painted. This will be a track/DE car but also driven on the street on a regular basis. Yay or Nay?

GT3 RS idea....

My car as it stands.....

Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mile2424, here is what I did with my 2002 Boxster S (when I had it). It was pretty much just a track car for me towards the end of its career. I wish I had more pics of the car, but unfortunately do not. This should give you some idea of what it might look like. I am a pharmacist and this is where the idea stems from for the RX addition. I also carried over the theme to my new 2010 GT3 as you can see below. It is kinda hard to tell from this photo, but it says "GT3 RX" On both the Boxster and GT3 I have the line marks before the front wheel and after the rear wheel.

Good luck with your decision!

Name:  Boxster.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  60.7 KB
Old 01-22-2010, 08:30 AM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nay.
Keep in mind I'm always opposed to borrowing "trim / stylings" from other cars to make it look like something it's not. Feels kinda poseur-ish and cheesy to me. Of course, tons of people do it, but I'm probably in the minority. And I feel that way about things other than cars too.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

I'd say go for it. The graphics on the RS are "borrowed" from other past Porsches and still in my mind of questionable taste. I don't see it as any foul to duplicate it with vinyl graphics on your Boxster. The new Boxster Speedster graphics are a tad more subdued and might look good also

Quick Reply: Thoughts on doing a GT3RS paint scheme on my 03 Boxster S....