Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Detailed my GR 997.1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 196 Posts

Thumbs up!

How do you go about protecting your finish from all the grit on the track? Clearly you're not gonna clear bra after all this detailing.

For me, I usually resort to 3M delicate blue (painters tape) double-layered with black vinyl tape on top... works nicely, but takes me a good hour to wrap the most vulnerable parts up front...
Old 03-29-2010, 03:19 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks amazing!

Maybe I'll give it a shot also. You've inspired me!

Nice work. Great pics to show before and after.

Phil
Old 03-29-2010, 03:30 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRex
How do you go about protecting your finish from all the grit on the track? Clearly you're not gonna clear bra after all this detailing.
Guys, thanks for the kind words, I love this car so it's easy to put the hours in to make it look good.

I don't do anything special to protect the car at the track. I go under the assumption that the car will need a nose re-paint at some point in the future and just enjoy the car.

The only thing I try to do is not follow too closely behind someone that tracks out into the dirt a lot to keep the big rocks away from the hood and windshield. After 21+ track days (most with hours of track time), I'm surprised at how little stone damage there is.

I find the tracks here in the east are cleaner than the west coast for some reason. Pacific Raceways was the worst, especially early in the season. It was like getting sandblasted.

Quick Reply: Detailed my GR 997.1 GT3