Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Cup runeth over

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 03:23 AM
masinari
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the amazing pictures. These cars really make pure white/no stickers look cool. And course the RSR is awesome.

Some observations, questions, trivia since I am sure you guys know the answer:

1. Does the Cup have steel rotors not PCCB? They look steel to me. Is that what they race? If so why not PCCBs.
2. I am sure it is in an easy one: what are those metal hoops over the center locks. My educated guess is that they look like some temporary items for transportation.
3. The RSR looks truly awesome. Are the yellow headlights part of the French Le Mans regs? I will be cool to have them for our cars, but sure not legal here in the USA.

Thanks guys again for a great forum. I read all your posts. Love all your tech, banter, humor, and most amazingly helpful support.

= M A T T H E W =
Old 01-08-2010, 03:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by masinari
Thanks for the amazing pictures. These cars really make pure white/no stickers look cool. And course the RSR is awesome.

Some observations, questions, trivia since I am sure you guys know the answer:

1. Does the Cup have steel rotors not PCCB? They look steel to me. Is that what they race? If so why not PCCBs.
2. I am sure it is in an easy one: what are those metal hoops over the center locks. My educated guess is that they look like some temporary items for transportation.
3. The RSR looks truly awesome. Are the yellow headlights part of the French Le Mans regs? I will be cool to have them for our cars, but sure not legal here in the USA.

Thanks guys again for a great forum. I read all your posts. Love all your tech, banter, humor, and most amazingly helpful support.

= M A T T H E W =
1. steel, probably due to cost (i am guessing on the cost part)
2. tie downs for transportation, can be reused over and over. but most ppl tie through wheels
3. they indicate your racing class.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:39 AM
masinari
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mooty. I am glad I got the tie-downs right. The yellow headlights info is very interesting.

Much appreciated.

=M=
Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 AM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
1. steel, probably due to cost (i am guessing on the cost part)
Yes and I think depending on where you are racing them there are some regulations that prohibit CCBs.

I believe the Porsche Supercup is using the PCCBs though still right? Obviously being the official Porsche series that makes sense for them to use the technology and cost doesn't appear to be a factor there anyway.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My pants are wet...

Quick Reply: Cup runeth over