Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Parts for Sale (Don't Miss Out!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 01:17 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iLLM3
WOWW, if I had a GT3 this would be modding heaven LOL...

Sucks to see your car go man :/

I think I may have asked you before, these CCW's you have, what would it take to make it fit my 996 GT2 or a widebody car without spacers?? Can you modify the hub/for the correct offset in any way???

Martin
Just use the H&R spacers which at the same time allow you to convert to lug nuts instead of the annoying lug bolts. That is what I would do. But maybe someone else can chime in if this is not a good system???

Stephen
Old 12-26-2009, 01:18 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by CWay27
Excellent pricing, I can just imagine the snowstorm of Pms.....
You're not kidding; yikes!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:19 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by sws1
DAMN. I'm too late.
No you are not. What are you interested in?
Old 12-26-2009, 01:27 PM
340Elise
Banned

All PM's replied to. There are still parts available, and I will start marking them as SOLD as soon as they are in fact SOLD. Notice that nothing is marked yet. For those who have replied, don't worry, I am going in order and will mark items as soon as I have commitment from you (that will then be a SALE PENDING), and SOLD is only marked after I have funds.

Thank you all!

Stephen
Old 12-26-2009, 01:43 PM
340Elise
Banned

One other comment:

Guys, please don't post dibs on items and then make offers below my asking prices. Dibs only counts if you are paying the price that I have listed. Also, someone may have dibs over you on an earlier PM.

I tried to be fair with my pricing, and tried to price items without negotiating. If some items seem to be at a higher percentage of new cost, then that could be because they are either brand new, or they are like new or in truly excellent condition.

The PCCB's are probably the best deal that I have relative to their new price (which is not $8,800.00; those who ordered them with the car do not have the stock brakes which are worth around $5K). But I priced them for a quick sale, and I also realize that I am competing with Brembo's and other brake systems out there. The PCCB system works extremely well, but the reduction in unsprung rotating mass of 44 lbs (yes, the entire 44 lbs is in the rotors; I know since I have weighed each part of each 997 GT3 brake system) is what makes it truly special.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Just use the H&R spacers which at the same time allow you to convert to lug nuts instead of the annoying lug bolts. That is what I would do. But maybe someone else can chime in if this is not a good system???

Stephen
Definitely an option, I just HATE the thought of having to use spacers, especially since all of my other wheels wouldn't need them, if I had to swap another set on, then take them off :/ PITA

What are the offsets of these wheels, do you have pics? And there are no tires on them correct? Thanks
Old 12-28-2009, 12:55 AM
340Elise
Banned

Definitely an option, I just HATE the thought of having to use spacers, especially since all of my other wheels wouldn't need them, if I had to swap another set on, then take them off :/ PITA

What are the offsets of these wheels, do you have pics? And there are no tires on them correct? Thanks
They are 50 or 51 front since they are 9" in front. Rear is standard 997 GT3 (non-RS) offset of 68 on the 12" wide rear. No tires come with the wheels.

PM your email and I will send you pics.

Does your 996 come with standard in rear wheel widths? If it is an 11", then you would want the higher offset anyway (at least partially). You may then just need something like a 5 or 7 mm spacer. Both of which I have (for sale, but not yet advertised) also!

Tell me what you are running in the rear and what the offset is. Putting on a 5 or 7 mm spacer is a piece of cake and takes all of 30 seconds per side. My 7mm spacer, which would give my rear wheels an offset of 61, are from H & R and they go on with a separate single philips screw head. It is a thicker one and you should check if your rear hub has a single larger hole besides the two smaller ones for the rotor. Mine has it, so you should too. This makes it ridiculously easy.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:46 AM
340Elise
Banned

Default New Email

Hi All,

Please use the following temporary email for any new future inquiries or further correspondence for those of you already dealing with me on a parts purchase:

GT3partsForSale@gmail.com

Again, these are all personal owned parts; I am not a business or parts dealer. I did this because the response has been a bit overwhelming and I need to keep things organized. Those who already contacted me, I am keeping track of the date and time of your original inquiry so you keep you place in the queue as promised.

Thanks,

Stephen
Old 12-29-2009, 11:35 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello Stephen,

I did not want to have to try to contact you publicly, but since you've not returned emails sent both to your "regular" email address, GT3Partsforsale address, or returned phone calls, I feel compelled to try publicly.

As you know, we had an agreement for purchase of seats (since at least 12/16), BK seat belt adapters, and sub belt brackets. You had told me you would bring them to Denver when you were dropping the car at a local dealer on 12/18, then 12/19, then 12/21, then 12/22. I even purchased a return plane ticket for you on 12/18 for travel on the 19th.

I recognize that you have some extenuating circumstances, but have offered a reasonable way to complete our transaction and asked simply for a response either agreeing with my solution or offering another alternative. As you know, no emails or messages have been returned.

At this point, I can only guess that you've found someone willing to pay 150-200 more than our agreed upon price (entirely set by you with no haggling whatsoever from me). That is certainly your prerogative, but in my mind a man is only as good as his word.

I hope you're doing better with folks who you've never even met before who are willing to send you thousands of dollars for other parts you have for sale.

I have enjoyed hanging out with you at the track this year and instructing in your car. It was truly a lot of fun and you're a very competent and enthusiastic driver. If this posting is the end of our friendship, so be it. I suspect you may have already made that decision in not returning my messages.

If I'm entirely wrong and there's a reasonable explanation why you've not contacted me, please let me know. I'll be very happy to amend or delete this posting.

Joe
Old 12-29-2009, 11:50 PM
drqiman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JR944,

I have done business several times before with 340Elise and found him to be honorable and a pleasure to do deal with. On one occasion, he sold me a car and a set of tires with just a handshake sealing the deal. I took possession of the car, title and the tires and drove it home over 300 miles away while he waited for my check to come in the mail.

I have also tried to contact him recently and haven't heard back form him. Perhaps he is dealing with some unforeseen circumstance. Please give him a break and don't jump to conclusions.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

They are 50 or 51 front since they are 9" in front. Rear is standard 997 GT3 (non-RS) offset of 68 on the 12" wide rear. No tires come with the wheels.

PM your email and I will send you pics.

Does your 996 come with standard in rear wheel widths? If it is an 11", then you would want the higher offset anyway (at least partially). You may then just need something like a 5 or 7 mm spacer. Both of which I have (for sale, but not yet advertised) also!

Tell me what you are running in the rear and what the offset is. Putting on a 5 or 7 mm spacer is a piece of cake and takes all of 30 seconds per side. My 7mm spacer, which would give my rear wheels an offset of 61, are from H & R and they go on with a separate single philips screw head. It is a thicker one and you should check if your rear hub has a single larger hole besides the two smaller ones for the rotor. Mine has it, so you should too. This makes it ridiculously easy.

Stephen I will check tomorrow.. my GT2 has 12" rear width wheels, and I believe an offset in the 40's... Front's wont be a problem, rear will ??

Edit: 8.5x18 ET 40 front, and 12x18 ET 45 rear stock GT2 offsets...
Old 12-30-2009, 04:11 PM
340Elise
Banned

I recommend that you keep this post right where it is. You may also want to start a new thread on the subject.

It is obvious you are a good friend...

Oh, one more thing Joe; please don't forget that you are ALWAYS right.

I love you.

Stephen

Originally Posted by JR944
Hello Stephen,

I did not want to have to try to contact you publicly, but since you've not returned emails sent both to your "regular" email address, GT3Partsforsale address, or returned phone calls, I feel compelled to try publicly.

As you know, we had an agreement for purchase of seats (since at least 12/16), BK seat belt adapters, and sub belt brackets. You had told me you would bring them to Denver when you were dropping the car at a local dealer on 12/18, then 12/19, then 12/21, then 12/22. I even purchased a return plane ticket for you on 12/18 for travel on the 19th.

I recognize that you have some extenuating circumstances, but have offered a reasonable way to complete our transaction and asked simply for a response either agreeing with my solution or offering another alternative. As you know, no emails or messages have been returned.

At this point, I can only guess that you've found someone willing to pay 150-200 more than our agreed upon price (entirely set by you with no haggling whatsoever from me). That is certainly your prerogative, but in my mind a man is only as good as his word.

I hope you're doing better with folks who you've never even met before who are willing to send you thousands of dollars for other parts you have for sale.

I have enjoyed hanging out with you at the track this year and instructing in your car. It was truly a lot of fun and you're a very competent and enthusiastic driver. If this posting is the end of our friendship, so be it. I suspect you may have already made that decision in not returning my messages.

If I'm entirely wrong and there's a reasonable explanation why you've not contacted me, please let me know. I'll be very happy to amend or delete this posting.

Joe
Old 12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
340Elise
Banned

Stephen I will check tomorrow.. my GT2 has 12" rear width wheels, and I believe an offset in the 40's... Front's wont be a problem, rear will ??

Edit: 8.5x18 ET 40 front, and 12x18 ET 45 rear stock GT2 offsets...
I would recommend against my CCW's in your case. You would need a 23 mm spacer (or somewhere close to that) for them to work. I personally would not want to use a spacer of that thickness (almost 1 inch), and I doubt you would either.

Thank you for considering the wheels though.

They are still available if anyone else wants them.

Stephen
Old 12-30-2009, 05:15 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

I would recommend against my CCW's in your case. You would need a 23 mm spacer (or somewhere close to that) for them to work. I personally would not want to use a spacer of that thickness (almost 1 inch), and I doubt you would either.

Thank you for considering the wheels though.

They are still available if anyone else wants them.

Stephen
I suspected it wouldn't work Stephen, thanks for the clarification and honesty, I didn't want to run any spacer let alone a 1 inch lol.. Crazy how you can have the same size wheel/tire combo and have it fit 2 different car's so differently, offsets are everything!

Best of luck with the sale, sad to see that beauty of a 3 go!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:03 PM
340Elise
Banned

I suspected it wouldn't work Stephen, thanks for the clarification and honesty, I didn't want to run any spacer let alone a 1 inch lol.. Crazy how you can have the same size wheel/tire combo and have it fit 2 different car's so differently, offsets are everything!

Best of luck with the sale, sad to see that beauty of a 3 go!
Thank you so much! I do miss my 3, I really enjoyed that car more than any other car that I have ever owned so far. But there is a bright side. Like my Dad always says (the older I get, the more I quote my Father's corny sayings and jokes): there are places out there that have so many cars that they are actually willing to sell you one!

I can always pick up another GT3 in the future. However, if it happens sooner than later, then I might regret selling all of these parts to you guys.........wait a second......I bet there are places out there that have so many GT3 performance parts laying around that they would sell those too. I bet it's true! I really love my Dad.

Quick Reply: Parts for Sale (Don't Miss Out!)