Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Bilstein MDS

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Bilstein MDS

Has anyone tried the Bilstein MDS two way dampers?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bob,

No first hands experience. Earlier this year, I was about to try them by recommendation of the shop working on my GT3 RS, but sold the car. The shop owner was convinced on their superior design over Moton/JRZ/Pro-Trac.

However, Penske already uses the technology approach used by Bilstein MDS, and they have (just recently) dampers for Porsche newer road cars (aka water/oil/air cooled).

As any damper, the key is support from the vendor/manufacturer, and in that sense, I'm a strong fan/supporter of Moton. By the way, Moton Motorsports dampers are too much for a street car (have the 3-way right now). So far, Moton ClubSport with their reb/comp adjustment, wide range of adjustment and few clicks, are in my opinion the nicests user friendly double-adjustable shocks for the non-telemetry not-an-engineer track-day-driver.

The Bilstein MDS (on paper) are amazing dampers. So are the KW Race shocks (not the Variant-N mainstream low rate products).
Old 12-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the Cargraphic version of the race Bilsteins that were on the Land RSR originaly.

It works great at the track, a little bit aggresive for the street but then again I have a very high spring rates.

Quick Reply: Bilstein MDS