New Pics from the LA Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:22 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Hate the new turbo wheels.
Yep, but the new centerlock TT wheels are sweet!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Hate the new turbo wheels.
You don't like the new center lock spyder wheels or the five bolt?

The cab in the picture is that dark grey they offer with a cocoa interior
Old 01-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Update:

I have yet received my build on paper in the mail. Also my local dealer, Bakersfield, has never contacted me about building this car.

I got an email from the head fellow, Sasha, at the show. Asked me if I got my package in the mail and if my dealer called me. Replied "NO" to both questions. He did send my config to me in PDF format. Bottom line is $166k without PCCBs!

I told him about my Internet posting and he wrote to me in his response that they saw the number of Porsche fanatics who want to have their cars configured at the auto shows skyrocket because of what I posted. Hope I helped them sell more cars and asked for a fleece jacket in XXL for my efforts.

Since Bakersfield is of no help I told him to please have McKenna Porsche in Norwalk contact me about the build. Also for a test drive.

Heard that the only Turbos they will be producing will be the S model. If this is true I may just wait for the 998 to come out.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Update:

I have yet received my build on paper in the mail. Also my local dealer, Bakersfield, has never contacted me about building this car.

I got an email from the head fellow, Sasha, at the show. Asked me if I got my package in the mail and if my dealer called me. Replied "NO" to both questions. He did send my config to me in PDF format. Bottom line is $166k without PCCBs!

I told him about my Internet posting and he wrote to me in his response that they saw the number of Porsche fanatics who want to have their cars configured at the auto shows skyrocket because of what I posted. Hope I helped them sell more cars and asked for a fleece jacket in XXL for my efforts.

Since Bakersfield is of no help I told him to please have McKenna Porsche in Norwalk contact me about the build. Also for a test drive.

Heard that the only Turbos they will be producing will be the S model. If this is true I may just wait for the 998 to come out.
I went to my dealer to check on allocations for MY2010 turbo. I was told that they would only get one coupe and one cab for the entire year. Both had already been configured and too late for changes. I never thought it would easier to find a GT3 than a turbo. Very frustrating but I guess that is the way it is.

Good luck finding a car/test drive.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Can't find a turbo either; idn't insane? Been wanting a turbo since I worked at Starbucks way back in aught'95! The only difference back then it was just a dream when the 993 was new. Since then with every passing model I told mysel' "if I ever get a turbo it will be this one"! And guess what? I've said that about everone since.

Said that about the 993; said that about the 996; said that about the 997.1 and now about the 997.2! Is Porsche going to force my hand again with the 998 by making the 997.2 hard to get than a two headed rattle snake? Especially since they are only producing the S model for the rest of this year? For which I won't be forced to buy. We all know Porsches are already over-priced and that MSRP to them means Manufacturer Rip-Off Pricing! We all love Porsches and except the fact that we have to pay the "Porsche Tax". It's just something we live with and except. I really don't want to be forced into paying for something I don't want. Like PCCBs; Ferrari already makes their owners do that.

Quick Reply: New Pics from the LA Auto Show