Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

LA Auto Show stories and photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:05 AM
kcl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for pics for those of us who did not attend.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have pictures me and my girl took today. Will have them up ASAP!

They weren't letting just anybody into the GT3s and the Turbo on the floor, cabriolet by the way. Porsche set me up with the "Full-Monty" Configuration with a representative from Porsche; actually from Germany too - will send Christmas card for helping. I have pics of the entire process. It's much better than what you can do on the Porsche website! The have two couches and a big-*** LCD TV on the wall where you just see the car and all of the configuration choices being made. It's on orders of magnitudes better than what you get on the net. They had two area where you could do this. First one was for the Panamera only and the second one was for all the other offerings. We took about 90+ minutes to complete the car. It was very nice to actually have a sit down with someone to do this since I don't really like the atmosphere that some sales-people bring to the table when you are at a dealership. Having all of the color options for exterior paints and interior fabrics and leather makes such a big difference. We took several trips with the interior leather samples out to the floor to put up next to the paint of the cars there to get a better feel. Ended up choosing Nordic metallic with Cocoal eather interior with aluminum bits here and there. There were a lot of people trying to open the door to the Turbo on the floor when we got there. Our rep gave me the keys to open it up to check it out.

We should be getting the configuration from Porsche in the mail in about ten days, along with the local dealership; Bakersfield! I have had two bad experiances there along with two very good experiances as well. I imagine it depends on what sales-person you run into. Does anyone else here have past dealings with Porsche of Bakersfield? I would like to give my business to this one salesman that was beyond helpful with me even though I drove up in my dd Impreza. What can I say, it's paid for and is reliable. I'm practical and humble with the income and keep my money invested in what now is a literal myriad of opportunities. Just like my grampa Ward told me,"can't judge a book by it's cover"! After tonight I might be pulling the downpayment out of several trust for this one finally! And to think I could buy two more rental properties for this one car.

Sorry TMI; [exit]{execute==now}[/exit]

Quick Reply: LA Auto Show stories and photos