Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Tilting bracket for CGT seat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 04:29 PM
_rocket
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tilting bracket for CGT seat?

I still think that CGT seats are the best looking seats available but sacrificing the rear access puts me off, so what do you think about the idea of installing a tilting bracket (just passenger side)? It is not a new thing as Recaro have made them before for early 911's in the 60s and 70s. I don't know if Recaro still makes them but big rally names like Sparco and OMP do now. Here:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...T&pcode=S/S494

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...pcode=OMPHC663

Of course, the seatbelt buckle attachment point will have to be moved from the seat to the chassis for added safety. I don't think it would be too hard to work out on how to mount one of those brackets to the existing CGT runners, do you? Now, the question is, is there enough headroom in the 997 for the seat to be tilted forward? Doesn't the CGT seat have a very high headrest?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:18 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really doubt it would fit because I've noticed that the seat back won't even tilt forward if the seat is raised up high. My 10yo likes to sit up high so he raises the sport seat all the way up. It gets caught on the roof when you try and flip it forward in that position.

Why not just use the ones with the tilting back - are they that much different in appearance or fit?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:31 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Look at GT2 seats.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

dont bother with modifiing carrera gt seats. it will only kill the value of them anyways.

GT2 seat are what you need. I agree with you in that the GT seats are the best looking, however the GT2 seats are the best in the business.

even with full cage i can still tilt the seats foward to access the rear!

Quick Reply: Tilting bracket for CGT seat?